It's Down to the Wire -- Please Support Thai Visa Poster of the Year

NancyL

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NancyI am undecidedbut before I cast my vote, please tell me...

WHAT DOES WINING THE THAIVISA POSTER OF THE YEAR 2015 TITLE MEAN TO YOU?

It means I can retire from the POTY fracas and not have to do this again. Last year nearly killed me. This year's contest is tamer, but it's not over yet.

I think Jingthing set a very good example in winning last year and then declaring he wasn't going to run again. Apparently, in the past winners would try to hold onto the crown for a second term. I'll follow JT's example and hand the diamond tiara onto a new winner in 12 months if I win.

Now, in the broader sense, what does the POTY of the year title mean to me? Hmm, that fellow ThaiVisa readers think I'm making a valuable contribution to their community, both in my posts and in my actions to improve conditions for expats. That the quality of my posts and treatment of other members can serve as role model (argh, even I'm starting to roll my eyes a bit reading this)

That others enjoy my posts, finding them helpful and even sometimes amusing.

Oh, and my cat and husband rock!

Here, at long last is the photo of "my little family" that caused all the controversay on last year's POTY thread. Hubby and Mr. Bitey (not their real names) having a little fun:

post-68373-0-90353500-1451405595_thumb.j

If POTY winner is excluded from next years contest, then I'm voting for NancyL... Let her dreams come true smile.png

Just kidding, already voted for Trans, the cross dressing mechanic smile.png

It's not too late to change your vote. All you have to do is click on the bar that says "delete my vote" under the bars that show the tallies for each candidate and then cast a new vote.

It will stop me from posting these annoying threads next year!

NancyI am undecidedbut before I cast my vote, please tell me...

WHAT DOES WINING THE THAIVISA POSTER OF THE YEAR 2015 TITLE MEAN TO YOU?

It means I can retire from the POTY fracas and not have to do this again. Last year nearly killed me. This year's contest is tamer, but it's not over yet.

I think Jingthing set a very good example in winning last year and then declaring he wasn't going to run again. Apparently, in the past winners would try to hold onto the crown for a second term. I'll follow JT's example and hand the diamond tiara onto a new winner in 12 months if I win.

Now, in the broader sense, what does the POTY of the year title mean to me? Hmm, that fellow ThaiVisa readers think I'm making a valuable contribution to their community, both in my posts and in my actions to improve conditions for expats. That the quality of my posts and treatment of other members can serve as role model (argh, even I'm starting to roll my eyes a bit reading this)

That others enjoy my posts, finding them helpful and even sometimes amusing.

Oh, and my cat and husband rock!

Here, at long last is the photo of "my little family" that caused all the controversay on last year's POTY thread. Hubby and Mr. Bitey (not their real names) having a little fun:

attachicon.gifMr. Bitey and Hubby.jpg

I did vote for you then deleted it after you called me the C word. So I`ve gone for Transam who has never been that vulgar. Don`t know him, but hope he wins.

I think poster of the year should simply be determined by ratio of "likes" to posts.

only one problem with that, there are clicks that give each other "Likes"

For instance me and you we could agree to give" likes" to each other every time we post anything and both of us would have 100% ratio

I have a better idea anyone whose username starts with s , ends in ou and has an NE in the middle should automatically win! biggrin.png

Edited by sirineou

I think poster of the year should simply be determined by ratio of "likes" to posts.

For instance me and you we could agree to give" likes" to each other every time we post anything and both of us would have 100% ratio

I have a better idea anyone whose username starts with I , ends in ou and has an NE in the middle should automatically win! biggrin.png

A 100% ratio isn't going to win you anything.

I have a better idea anyone whose username starts with I , ends in ou and has an NE in the middle should automatically win! biggrin.png

A 100% ratio isn't going to win you anything.

You are just jealous because even though your name starts with an S , no OU at the end or NE in the middle

so you are disqualified!!

Hey I don't make the rules

If POTY winner is excluded from next years contest, then I'm voting for NancyL... Let her dreams come true smile.png

Just kidding, already voted for Trans, the cross dressing mechanic smile.png

It's not too late to change your vote. All you have to do is click on the bar that says "delete my vote" under the bars that show the tallies for each candidate and then cast a new vote.

It will stop me from posting these annoying threads next year!

. And a Star was Seen in the East[emoji56][emoji3]

Wish you the best of luck ... Although will only partake once they fix the app to allow posters using the app to vote in survey...

As only use the app on my phone to access TV

Actually more than a little surprised why they have not had their app development team allow the app users to partake in surveys

Again... Good luck to all in the running

Carrot wasn't the "C" word.

So what was the c word? I can't believe you called him a c*nt.

I`m afraid she did.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861438-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service-v2/page-35 post 871

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861438-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service-v2/page-36 post 878

A real nice lady.

It's an appropriate descriptor at times

Should it only be reserved for men to use the word?

I`m afraid she did.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861438-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service-v2/page-35 post 871

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861438-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service-v2/page-36 post 878

A real nice lady.

In this instance I think the C word was corruption as that was deemed libelous so mods warned against using it. or did you know that and were just being funny?

Edited by daoyai

I`m afraid she did.

A real nice lady.

In this instance I think the C word was corruption as that was deemed libelous so mods warned against using it. or did you know that and were just being funny?

THIS. ^^^^

The "C" word that was not used was corruption....somebody misinterpreted the remark and got his little panties all in a bunch.

I`m afraid she did.

A real nice lady.

I'm afraid it appears that you are the real c*nt...you know very well that the word used was c*****t..{ corrupt} bah.gif

Edited by garryjohns

How utterly sad. How old are you? Begging anonymous people to vote for you for all the 'good deeds' you've done in order to win some meaningless online comp? Must be an American thing. Dear me, some people must have so much free time. I had no intention of wasting time on this, but after reading the op, will have to vote now... for any other of the above.

How utterly sad. How old are you? Begging anonymous people to vote for you for all the 'good deeds' you've done in order to win some meaningless online comp? Must be an American thing. Dear me, some people must have so much free time. I had no intention of wasting time on this, but after reading the op, will have to vote now... for any other of the above.

Did you, Soi Biker or some of the others who think this contest is ridiculous actually read the links to the two pages of the mammoth Immigration Promenada thread that Cyberfarang so thoughtfully posted? Those are two very well-selected pages that show what I was doing in going there periodically to observe conditions, report on ThaiVisa and make reports to the foreign consuls. That thread is serving a valuable role in collecting everyone's observations and reports about what's happening there.

Well, as a result of my efforts, I was asked not to return to Immigration Promenada unless it's to take care of my own personal business. I was asked in a way that was rather frightening. Since then I had occasion to go to the old Imm. office at the airport location to help a foreigner in the hospital, and judging by the reception I received there, I realized I'm banned from that office, too and I wasn't doing that foreigner any favors to show his passport and ask questions on his behalf, so I got out of there.

(When I was told not to come back to Imm. Prom. again, nothing was said about Imm. Airport, incidentally)

My own visa extension is coming up in a couple weeks and it should be an interesting experience.

So, I've gone out on a limb to provide reporting to the expat community numerous times in a Thai Visa thread and I've been made into a scapegoat by Chiang Mai Immigration.

So, that's why it's important to me to win this contest. I've made a contribution to Thai Visa that's put myself at risk. It would be nice to have a little appreciation.