Front shocks on Honda click

gaztop08

Hi

I enquired today at a bike shop about new front shocks for 8 year old Honda click.The guy suggested that rather than new shocks could have new seals fitted and refilled with new oil?....Is the done thing here or would it be better to just go for new shocks to be fitted.

Thanks

New seals and oil will be a cheap refurb of your shocks. No need to replace them unless they're bent.

However, it begs the question, why do you think you need new shocks?

If your ride feels a bit rough and you're getting noise/clunks in the front end and a bumpy feedback through the handlebars, then it's more than likely your steering head bearing that is causing it, and not your suspension.

Eight years of rough roads will have killed that bearing by now. I've ridden scooters that are only two years old with 5,000klm on them and they've already got a knackered bearing.

I suggest you check that bearing for any play - cheap as chips to replace and will improve the ride tremendously.

New seals and oil will be a cheap refurb of your shocks. No need to replace them unless they're bent.

However, it begs the question, why do you think you need new shocks?

If your ride feels a bit rough and you're getting noise/clunks in the front end and a bumpy feedback through the handlebars, then it's more than likely your steering head bearing that is causing it, and not your suspension.

Eight years of rough roads will have killed that bearing by now. I've ridden scooters that are only two years old with 5,000klm on them and they've already got a knackered bearing.

I suggest you check that bearing for any play - cheap as chips to replace and will improve the ride tremendously.

OK thanks for that idea had not thought of that.Steering does not feel as free as a newer bike..but moves OK.On small bumps with two people on it can feel it through the bike more at the front...so could be those bearings..

Thanks