Earliest Date For 1 Year Ext.

I appologise for this but man it does get confusing. This is the skinny of MY situation and please bear with me on this. I've got a one year multiple entry type O visa due to marriage that was issued on Sept.22, 2003 from the States. I am on a pension from Veterans Administration and have letter from VA (stamped by US Embasy here) stating that I make well over the required amount (July rules) 400,000 baht per year. Due to a mixup last time I didn't get to immigration on time to apply for my 1 year extension but will try this time. I just did a visa run to Myanmar last monthy on the 8th of March and my A/D card says I'm good until 5 June, 2004.

My question is: When is the EARLIEST date that I can go to Thai Immigration to file for a 1 year extension. I went earlier in the year with a Thai friend and was told that yes I have all the required information and documents but that I had missed the date and would have to come back.

I will thank you guys in advance, Kop khun manna krup or at least that's the best I can do so far but I figure I'm going to have a long time to learn, I don't want to leave. Love my wife, my baby girl and living here. :D

Just wish the gov was a little less corrupt. :o

Go after May 6th. They normally want to wait until you have less than 30 days remaining. Really no reason to go until the end of May as they will stamp you under review for a month or more during processing and you can still stay here. Be sure you have a current letter, within a week, of any bank balance and income. Also take along some photos taken in home and be sure wife goes with you.

lopburi3, thanks for the info but does it HAVE to be within the week before I go? It's hard to get a letter like that from VA timed that way. I get the money from them for the rest of my life and I always try to GAG (on reality). I know they don't make it easy but I've got all the papers they require just the matter of timing. Thanks for the help. :o

I was talking about a letter from a local Thai bank that you had xxx,xxx in your account. That is what must be within a week. Believe the only thing you need for pay is a notarized statement from Embassy (your word I believe) and expect they also want that to be current. If you need to provide proof to Embassy any of your recent pay statements (change at year start type thing) should be all Embassy requires. I have not used pay so can't provide more details. I would not try to obtain support extension without some money in a local bank myself.

lopburi3, thanks again for the info but Thai Immigration told me I didn't need to show the xxx,xxx just the letter from VA with the US Embassy certification and any amount in a bank with at least my name on it and even better with my wifes name on it. I even have one with my daughter's name on it. Will be bringing the family with and think everything will go smoothly. All my stamps are good and I haven't done anything illegal. :o

Thai Immigration told me I didn't need to show the xxx,xxx just the letter from VA with the US Embassy certification and any amount in a bank with at least my name on it and even better with my wifes name on it.

By xxx,xxx I do not mean you need the full 200k or 400k in the bank but you must have a letter from the bank confirming what is in your account and it must be current (within the last week). Bangkok Bank charges 200 baht for the letter and it can be signed by a branch manager on BBL stationary. Your account passbook/copies (signed by owners) will also be required but the letter is also needed for any bank accounts.