Renewing UK passport

toryboy1979

(1) Address and/or residency evidence in the form of one of the following (NB certified English translations will be required of suitable documents in the Thai language):-

• visa or resident permit (or colour photocopy)

• tax record eg a letter from a tax authority

• educational record eg school report

• employment record eg official letter from your employer

• letter sent to you from a central, regional or local government department

• medical/health card

• voter’s card

• immigration documents.

(2) Full colour photocopy of your entire current passport (every page including blank pages).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/462243/OS_Guidance_Gp2_09.15.PDF

I am retired so have none of the official documents to which you refer. I do however have the annual 'retirement stamp' from 22 Jan 2010 through to 1 Feb 2017 in my passport. will this be sufficient from proof of residency?

Thank you

Suggest you obtain an "address certificate" from immigration. Have that translated and enclose with you PP application as evidence of address.

Your extension of stay stamp will not be accepted as evidence of address.

I am retired so have none of the official documents to which you refer. I do however have the annual 'retirement stamp' from 22 Jan 2010 through to 1 Feb 2017 in my passport. will this be sufficient from proof of residency?

Thank you

Suggest you obtain an "address certificate" from immigration. Have that translated and enclose with you PP application as evidence of address.

If he falls under Kap Choeng immigration they won't issue one - best check with your local immigration office first.

Whatever you get, if it is in Thai it will need translation.

If all else fails write a covering letter to say that you have nothing with your address on because everything is in your wife's name. Then get a copy of your wife's Tabien Baan copied and translated and have her write on there "I certify that Mr XYZ lives with me at the above address.

HMPO Liverpool have confirmed that this will be acceptable.

Thank you

If he falls under Kap Choeng immigration they won't issue one - best check with your local immigration office first.

If all else fails write a covering letter to say that you have nothing with your address on because everything is in your wife's name. Then get a copy of your wife's Tabien Baan copied and translated and have her write on there "I certify that Mr XYZ lives with me at the above address.

So my company pension payslip, which has my address on is ok?

Thank you

So my company pension payslip, which has my address on is ok?

Yes - if it is a Thai address.

Anything slightly official will fit the bill... payslip, P60, pension award letter, bank statement. British Embassy income certification letter, etc

To be fair, HMPO re actually far more helpful than their list of address items. The response I received about a wife certifying that the applicant was living with her, is an example of willingness to help.

Remember to check out your 2 photos you need to send.

They will reject them if they do not meet the requirements.

Hopefully the chaos when they changed the rules is long behind us now,and the passport should be back within 6 weeks

Good luck

Archived