Can I enter on a re-entry permit and save a visa for later?

I have a double entry tourist visa. I have entered Thailand with my first entry. Then I did the extension of stay for 30 days. I will leave and reenter Thailand on my second entry end of this month.
My friend wants to do a tourist visa in Vientiane next month. I am thinking about joining him there for leisure. Because I don't want my 60 days from my second entry cancelled I would do that on a re-entry permit.
Now my question: If I get a new tourist visa in Vientiane can I enter Thailand on my re-entry permit and save this new visa for the next time I enter Thailand? (of course this got to be before the visa expires)

Thanks in advance.

It will depend upon what the immigration officer on entry would do. You could put the re-entry permit number on the arrival card and they might use it instead of the visa.

Thank you.

Is it a bad idea to ask him to use the re-entry permit? I do nothing sneaky or illegal, right? So I guess I might just can point it out to him.

It will depend upon what the immigration officer on entry would do. You could put the re-entry permit number on the arrival card and they might use it instead of the visa.

Thank you.

Is it a bad idea to ask him to use the re-entry permit? I do nothing sneaky or illegal, right? So I guess I might just can point it out to him.

You will be doing nothing "wrong" but it is the immigration officers decision as to whether the re-entry permit or the visa is used.

• Like 1