Email Providers?

mike1963

Hi all, looking through the forum some interesting info on your providers but about one year old.

With anti virus/spam/etc a must I wonder what you all had to say (good or bad) about your current providers

I use Demon in the UK and it's fine but I am coming to LOS soon and need a new provider a hotmail type but have been warned off by some. Demon's webmail is pretty pants so if you could recommend a good safe provider I would be grateful

Cheers

Mike

:o

I use google's email (gmail), it does everything i need and is easy to use. it also has nearly 3gb of storage so you can keep all your email messages. Not sure if you can just sign up or if you have to be invited, but if you want to be invited then just message me your email address.

I use google's email (gmail), it does everything i need and is easy to use. it also has nearly 3gb of storage so you can keep all your email messages. Not sure if you can just sign up or if you have to be invited, but if you want to be invited then just message me your email address.

Thanks Don - going to do a bit more checking about first :o

... I think the prime problem with spam filters nowadays, isn't wether they stop spam, but rather wether they stop mail that isn't spam.

I have an account, where I can adjust the degree of spam filtering on the server. I also have spamfiltering installed on my PC. (the advantage of the latter is that you have the chance to see what mails are filtered - and thus have a chance to read them). I've choosen not to do any filtering on the server, but only on the PC ... Firstly, I obviously isn't a prime victim for spammers - get very little real spam. - however, it occassionally happens that important mail gets "classified" as spam by my PC-filter and would have ended unseen in the waste-basket, if I hadn't checked that waste basket.

Gmail spam filtering is pretty good and the spam mail is retained so that you can check through it. If you want a gmail account PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite so you sign up and try it. It's free so you've nothing to lose.

I have three free accounts, Hotmail, Yahoomail and Gmail. I keep Yahoo and Hotmail because I have had the addresses for many years. I think Google's mail is great. Plenty of storage, very little SPAM and an automatic save. The search emails function is great. In fact I have my Hotmail and Yahoo set to give my Gmail address as the reply to address.

I am an EX hotmail (crap) EX Yahoo (they try hard) and ex a few other web,ail based providers...

Gmail (googlemail) is far and away the best I've seen in free online webmail service providers.

Plus all the space OH! The Space :o