Fireworks

TheCruncher

I am no Rocket scientist but probably Mid Night

I was more thinking about a firework show that lasts a few hours, which is organized every year, and is actually finished already at midnight.

Not sure though if that is organized on New years eve or another night.

Not living in Pattaya I am surprised about such questions in the Pattaya forum wink.png

Don't you think there will be another "Pattaya Countdown" at Bali Hai pier and down beachroad with huge firework on the Pattaya park hill?

I guess there will:

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220250/pattaya-new-year-countdown-2016-event-launches-at-pattaya-port/

An absolute mass gathering/stampede/traffic gridlock that I would probably watch from safe distance.

Not living in Pattaya I am surprised about such questions in the Pattaya forum wink.png

Don't you think there will be another "Pattaya Countdown" at Bali Hai pier and down beachroad with huge firework on the Pattaya park hill?

I guess there will:

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220250/pattaya-new-year-countdown-2016-event-launches-at-pattaya-port/

An absolute mass gathering/stampede/traffic gridlock that I would probably watch from safe distance.

Since you link to a source outside TV, I assume I'm correct to say that I didn't overlook an existing thread on this forum.

But still it doesn't show a time of the fireworks start.

Edited by TheCruncher

I am no Rocket scientist but probably Mid Night

I was more thinking about a firework show that lasts a few hours, which is organized every year, and is actually finished already at midnight.

Not sure though if that is organized on New years eve or another night.

Don't mix that up with the Pattaya fireworks festival that took place sometime in November (?).

The OP is right to ask.

On the rest of planet earth there would be an advert / signs up for when they start. One can assume anything you like here but they will make an ass out u and me everytime...old joke but correct when it comes to fireworks displays in Pattaya. They already set them off last night at approx ? 8 pm...not sure when they did them tonight but a random half assed guess might be anywhere from 8 to around midnight. The fireworks on the 5th of Dec were set off around 7.30 pm.

On one previous year ? I remember the fireworks display in Nov and they set the whole fricking lot off at around 22:50 when it should have started in groups around 21:00 set to music...never understood that theory even with the 1812 overture...still sounds like a noise to me

So if you don't want to miss them, be ready from before sunset and standby.....

P.S. 1812 is a year not the time to set off fireworks as it would still be to light.....blink.png

On one previous year ? I remember the fireworks display in Nov and they set the whole fricking lot off at around 22:50 when it should have started in groups around 21:00 set to music...never understood that theory even with the 1812 overture...still sounds like a noise to me

AGAIN!:

the event in November is the Pattaya fireworks festival and not the New Year countdown!!!

Completely different from the New Year countdown.

Guess what the countdown will be down to?

Is it midnight just in case?

Thread done for me. Bizarre!

Whooah BENQ .. take a chill pill

I know the international festival is in November...I was just mentioning it was a major cock up that one year...which ties in with poor organisational skills and timing for even the countdown.... which will have fireworks close to midnight...maybe ? But they are not using an atomic clock to time the event..just Khun Somchai's Casio...

AGAIN!:

the event in November is the Pattaya fireworks festival and not the New Year countdown!!!

Completely different from the New Year countdown.

Guess what the countdown will be down to?

Is it midnight just in case?

Thread done for me. Bizarre!

I'll second that. The council sponsored New Year's Eve fireworks ALWAYS start at midnight, no exceptions, in Pattaya. In the days prior, they're set of at around 9 pm.

The fireworks you're all going to see tonight will be a big disappointment to anyone who saw the fireworks festival in November. They will last 15 minutes tops and fired from near Bali Hai Pier. You'll see some other smaller displays at some hotels along the bay. All the rest, that will continue for a couple of hours, are fired off by the public along the beach. If you sit on the beach you'll have vendors pester you to buy fireworks, normally going for about 500 baht a pop.

Whooah BENQ .. take a chill pill

I know the international festival is in November...I was just mentioning it was a major cock up that one year...which ties in with poor organisational skills and timing for even the countdown.... which will have fireworks close to midnight...maybe ? But they are not using an atomic clock to time the event..just Khun Somchai's Casio...

With internet time (UTC) available on every cellphone, you'll find the time they start is spot on. It's no longer rocket science - one doesn't need to have direct access to atomic clocks to get it right.

I have been here for 7 NYE. The fireworks seem to have been scaled back each year. I decided to just stay in Jomtien this time.

I would agree, last night was a bit below par.

I have just watched the London display during the Bryan Adams programme and that was something else.

I have been here for 7 NYE. The fireworks seem to have been scaled back each year. I decided to just stay in Jomtien this time.

I have just watched the London display during the Bryan Adams programme and that was something else.

Shame on Pattaya Mayor for not inviting Bryan Adams or alike, but I guess the Capital of England has a bit of larger budget for these kind of events than Pattaya.

It was exactly 6 minutes from start to finish. It wasn't worth the effort to get down to the beach to see it - I won't bother next year. There were a lot of idiots trying to float those burning kerosene lanterns which most often headed directly for the crowds, often hitting people (burnt one guy's shirt) or burning branches of trees.

It was exactly 6 minutes from start to finish. It wasn't worth the effort to get down to the beach to see it - I won't bother next year. There were a lot of idiots trying to float those burning kerosene lanterns which most often headed directly for the crowds, often hitting people (burnt one guy's shirt) or burning branches of trees.

Too right about the lanterns. I saw several lit back off the beach and they just went up into the trees resulting in burning bits dropping on to people.

Shame on Pattaya Mayor for not inviting Bryan Adams or alike, but I guess the Capital of England has a bit of larger budget for these kind of events than Pattaya.

Don't take my comment the wrong way, the show was spectacular but at what cost. Certainly shows where the priorities lie, they could have paid a lot of expats their pension increments out of that budget.