Only themselves to blame

Snackbar

Unless I'm missing something, even at 60 it's still way less than minimum wage.

It is often claimed that mechanization replaces labor

There was labor used when making the machine for which you paid when you purchased the machine,

and this must be considered in any calculus concerning labor costs

So when a machine makes the machine, do you have to take into account the labour used to make the machine to make the machine?

To accurately cost something, yes.

Hmmmmm. So if a human makes a machine that makes a hundred machines that makes machines, and you buy the machine that was made by a machine that was made by a human, do you count the human labour cost as the same for each machine, or do you divide by 100? If you buy the machine that was made by the machine that was made by the machine that was made by the human, do you pay the same labour cost for each machine or do you divide by 100 + the number of machines that were made by the machines that were made by the machine that was made by the human?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was labor used when making the machine for which you paid when you purchased the machine,

So when a machine makes the machine, do you have to take into account the labour used to make the machine to make the machine?

Hmmmmm. So if a human makes a machine that makes a hundred machines that makes machines, and you buy the machine that was made by a machine that was made by a human, do you count the human labour cost as the same for each machine, or do you divide by 100? If you buy the machine that was made by the machine that was made by the machine that was made by the human, do you pay the same labour cost for each machine or do you divide by 100 + the number of machines that were made by the machines that were made by the machine that was made by the human?

The labor to make the machine is in what you pay for the machine, and it must be accounted for.

The labor to make the machine is in what you pay for the machine, and it must be accounted for.

Hint, it was joke post smile.png .

Ahhh my bad. spose to be 60 satang.

Cannot edit my post.

A work day here is 540 minutes.

It is my understanding that there are only 460 straight-time minutes in a work day in Thailand.

How do you get 540?

9 actual work hours per day multiply by 5 days.

We work a 45 hour week.

My response was not.

My response was not.

I got that.

Enjoy life while you can, the machines are coming and then there won't be much to laugh about.

Cannot edit my post.

It is my understanding that there are only 460 straight-time minutes in a work day in Thailand.

How do you get 540?

We work a 45 hour week.

I believe you and or your staff are being cheated out of 5 hours overtime a week.

48 hours straight-time a week, but no more than 8 hours per day.

Even if you are getting away with the 9-hour days, you did not deduct break-time.

And minimum wage for permanent employees is around 360 a day, when you include days off.

My missus initiate a sensible discussion about work.

One colleague is off sick for an estimated 3 months. But not expected to return. There is now an unfilled vacancy.

Existing staff expect to receive time and a half for covering for their absent colleague on their scheduled day off. But have deferred this for the time being. They are compensated by receiving the absentee's service charge pro rata.

So far there have been no applicants for the vacant position. As is the case for the as mentions 200 vacancies at Laguna Phuket.

N.B.She makes more money than I do.

Happy days.

My response was not.

I got that.

Enjoy life while you can, the machines are coming and then there won't be much to laugh about.

Like the old joke: "The factory of the future will require only one man and a dog to maintain production. The man is there to feed the dog, and the dog is there to keep the man from touching the equipment."

Cannot edit my post.

How do you get 540?

We work a 45 hour week.

I believe you and or your staff are being cheated out of 5 hours overtime a week.

Even if you are getting away with the 9-hour days, you did not deduct break-time.

And minimum wage for permanent employees is around 360 a day, when you include days off.

What's this 5 day a week? Maybe in the Bangkok bubble, but my wife works 6 days a week at standard rate, and that's for a very large Thai company- well known and probably as large as they come in LOS. She previously worked for a large international company with the same working hours.

Don't ask for the company names as obvious why I won't, and probably against forum rules.

My missus initiate a sensible discussion about work.

One colleague is off sick for an estimated 3 months. But not expected to return. There is now an unfilled vacancy.

Existing staff expect to receive time and a half for covering for their absent colleague on their scheduled day off. But have deferred this for the time being. They are compensated by receiving the absentee's service charge pro rata.

So far there have been no applicants for the vacant position. As is the case for the as mentions 200 vacancies at Laguna Phuket.

Happy days.

Don't we all.......................coffee1.gif

How do you get 540?

We work a 45 hour week.

yeah 45 hour week of actual paid work hours.

think about that for a second.... you might find the missing 3 hours.

Cannot edit my post.

How do you get 540?

We work a 45 hour week.

What's this 5 day a week? Maybe in the Bangkok bubble, but my wife works 6 days a week at standard rate, and that's for a very large Thai company- well known and probably as large as they come in LOS. She previously worked for a large international company with the same working hours.

Don't ask for the company names as obvious why I won't, and probably against forum rules.

48 hours is 6 eight hour days, which is straight time.

Over 8 hours in a single day is overtime regardless of total weekly hours.

How do you get 540?

We work a 45 hour week.

yeah 45 hour week of actual paid work hours.

think about that for a second.... you might find the missing 3 hours.

You don't really do cost analysis do you?

Considering cost analysis is not really my thing you could say I do not get it.

When I asked further up the food chain how to calculate labour cost for running a machine how I calculated was how I was told to do it.