Looking for condo recommendations

Puwa

I have a friend coming to stay in 2016, looking for a monthly condo (or I guess serviced apartment) rental. Must have parking, pool and gym, 1 bedroom better than studio. He'll have his own transport and prefers a quieter location. North side of town preferred, so I was thinking Chang Kian/Convention Center area rather than old city/river/nimman type area. Or maybe something along the first ring road, around Meechok. I was thinking 12K baht per month should do it, but I'm a house dweller out of town, and I don't really know what's out there. Any recommendations?

you mean for ONE month? owners very rarely rent out for such a short period in the big condos as they prefer one year contracts. Baan Thai soi 6 Nimman is run on that basis and would be perfect for your friend

PS whoops just read not nimman area (best part of town by FAR) anyway try Nim Hotel? or Galae Tong? good luck

Edited by LannaGuy

Thanks, just to clarify, I mean month-to-month. Please keep the recs coming in!

again most owners, like myself, won't do month-to-month we only do one year contracts or if out of high season we consider 6 months but generally we all rent out for ONE year in sept/oct/nov/dec/jan or 6 months if we have to in march/apr/may/june/july/aug

good luck

We looked at Baan Thai, but they didn't supply bedding and the units didn't have a kitchen. It seemed to offer no advantage over a guesthouse, quite the reverse as they wanted a large deposit - I didn't see the point. And Nimman isn't 'the best' area, it just depends on the individual. I opted for another part of town. Try Airbnb - a rental for a month or more can be reasonable, but use the website not the app, as the app doesn't show monthly rates.

Edited by Kathiejs

• Can't help you out with the name of any place. But he might want to check if they keep the place up and what the noise level is.

Sounds like a dumb plan to me to look for places where you can move every month. If that is what he wants try the guest houses as I think he will be extremely limited on availability to fit his plans.

Thanks, just to clarify, I mean month-to-month. Please keep the recs coming in!

again most owners, like myself, won't do month-to-month we only do one year contracts or if out of high season we consider 6 months but generally we all rent out for ONE year in sept/oct/nov/dec/jan or 6 months if we have to in march/apr/may/june/july/aug

good luck

It is because you Condo is very noisy

Be Careful most are terrible and have to much noisy

That is why you like to rent for a year

I think if you close the thread and re-open it looking for "serviced apartments for guest" you will get more/better responses.

Good idea, thanks!

Mods, if you close this one I'll start a new thread as suggested.