Airport Noise Related to - Flight Path Just After Takeoff - Takeoffs Now Radically Increasing?

BaronOfThunder

No, actually.

The Bass is exactly right. I have noted with consternation the fact that AT 2 IN THE MORNING I STILL hear these planes sometimes roaring overhead. I could not believe it. Also, I think that there might be some landings landing from the North.

I did not keep notes, and so I cannot confirm the exact time or direction. However, I DO know that these flights were happening after midnight, for sure. And not just a few minutes after, but hours after.

Yes - there are definitely flights well after midnight. When I'm reading in bed I can see the planes out of the corner of one eye taking off, moreso when I'm on the tablet and don't have any lights on - I'm usually interested in just how bright the lights are when it's dark. The latest I've noticed has been about 2.15, but there are regularly two or three in quick succession around the 1am mark. I assumed it was every night, but obviously not. Still no early morning ones that I've noticed, but they are still taking off The airport may be a place to find all of the information on past arrivals and departures. May not help, but worth a try.

You are correct that they stop flight operations about 2AM, but not before !!!

So now, I am thinking about altering my schedule to yield to the timing of the airport operations.

For example:

1. On New Years Day, all the flights were delayed around 7AM, or so. And for about 40 minutes we had real peace and quiet, and it was nice to sit outside. Then around 9am, the takeoffs begain.

2. So I think that I will shower and dress to leave the house at 9am, and then return at 6pm, keep the doors shut until 2AM, and then sit outside for an hour, then sleep.

3. It might sound like a hardship until the heavy traffic of the holiday dies down, but maybe not. I have not decided yet.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, actually.

The Bass is exactly right. I have noted with consternation the fact that AT 2 IN THE MORNING I STILL hear these planes sometimes roaring overhead. I could not believe it. Also, I think that there might be some landings landing from the North.

I did not keep notes, and so I cannot confirm the exact time or direction. However, I DO know that these flights were happening after midnight, for sure. And not just a few minutes after, but hours after.

Yes - there are definitely flights well after midnight. When I'm reading in bed I can see the planes out of the corner of one eye taking off, moreso when I'm on the tablet and don't have any lights on - I'm usually interested in just how bright the lights are when it's dark. The latest I've noticed has been about 2.15, but there are regularly two or three in quick succession around the 1am mark. I assumed it was every night, but obviously not. Still no early morning ones that I've noticed, but they are still taking off The airport may be a place to find all of the information on past arrivals and departures. May not help, but worth a try.

So now, I am thinking about altering my schedule to yield to the timing of the airport operations.

For example:

1. On New Years Day, all the flights were delayed around 7AM, or so. And for about 40 minutes we had real peace and quiet, and it was nice to sit outside. Then around 9am, the takeoffs begain.

2. So I think that I will shower and dress to leave the house at 9am, and then return at 6pm, keep the doors shut until 2AM, and then sit outside for an hour, then sleep.

3. It might sound like a hardship until the heavy traffic of the holiday dies down, but maybe not. I have not decided yet.

Baron you definitely need to move to another area before its too late.

No, actually.

For example:

You know, it is a funny thing.

Some people rant and rave about dogs barking, or other random noise of civilization, however these noises usually do not bother me. In fact, the dogs barking around here, the temple loudspeakers, and most other things are almost quite welcome.

Even during the past three months, I rarely seemed to notice the aircraft, unless it was a military jet training flight, which is faster and louder, although this did not bother me.

For some reason, either a slight westerly shifting of the flight paths, or a major increase of flights, or weight of aircraft, or some other factor, has made this month and late last month particularly intolerable.

If I had to bet, i would say that it must be a slight westerly shift of the flight path. Even by 350 meters, the migration of the flight path has had major sound implications, and it is incredible.

So if things shift back to the way they were, then fine, no problem, and I do not want to move.

If I HAD to move, I do not know where I would go that would be as ideal for me in every way.

You might think that one could just listen to Deep Purple or Hendrix and things would be fine. Even Bach can be played loud. However this is not a good long-term solution.

Edited by BaronOfThunder

The A380 is an unusually quiet aircraft and the airport can't handle one doing passenger flights. An A380 did visit a few years ago as part of an Airbus round the world promotional thing. If i remember correctly the wing tip got sheared off at BKK before it made the hop up to CM.

Of course one amelioratory answer would be to use ONLY A380 aircraft, and fill them full. This would cut down on the number of flights, and would also reduce the noise pollution PER flight.

If only it were that simple ... but few (if any ?) A380 are configured for dense Economy-only seating, which might replace 4 (or so) A320s/B737s. They're really a medium/long-haul aircraft, carrying a mix of classes, not just Economy.

And you would also need all those people to want to be going to the same destination, rather than a mix of DMK/BKK/other-destinations.

Frequent smaller narrow-bodied aircraft seems to be the current solution.

I chose my apt.partially based on noise from flights knowing that I was on a flight path. The info I received was a) 1st flight 0605hrs B) last flight 2130 hrs. I was OK with that as 1st flight not too early, last flight not too late. WRONG INFO. Last flight 0005hrs. A whole 6 hours of peace.Should have taken a 3 month lease instead of ayear

The interesting thing is that people who do not live in an area affected by airport noise pollution usually have absolutely no interest in the topic, however as soon as they are exposed to it, they realize that it is a major issue. The fact that residents are required to adjust so many aspects of their lives to accommodate the noise is particularly irksome.

What are the standards, if any, that aircraft must meet in order to land in Chiang Mai airport? The FAA in the USA has Stage 4 standards for international flights, by now, I think. And by 2017, Stage 5 noise level standards will be required for all aircraft.

So...What are the standards at the CM airport?

Anyone know?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/why-living-near-an-airport-could-be-bad-for-your-health-8867387.html

Case study: ‘I can hear a plane every 90 seconds’

Margaret Thorburn, 59, lives in Osterley, London, under the Heathrow flight path

"These findings are alarming. Yet they reinforce what many of us living here have suspected for a long time. I have lived in Osterley for 30 years and have been diagnosed with high blood pressure.“What people don’t realise is that it’s not just the sound of the aircraft – but how you have to adapt your entire audio environment. Everything in the house has to be louder to block out the noise; while your subconcious thought patterns are continuously interrupted.“Over the years I have no doubt this has taken its toll on my anxiety levels.“For all you hear about more advanced and quieter planes, the frequency of take-offs and landings are more than I ever remember. It’s not unusual for my day to be interrupted every 90 seconds. At the age of 59, I may well consider moving. But there are many of us that simply don’t have that option.”

I chose my apt.partially based on noise from flights knowing that I was on a flight path. The info I received was a) 1st flight 0605hrs cool.png last flight 2130 hrs. I was OK with that as 1st flight not too early, last flight not too late. WRONG INFO. Last flight 0005hrs. A whole 6 hours of peace.Should have taken a 3 month lease instead of ayear

You are sooo right.

This is a huge issue, if you happen to be in this area. I truly did not anticipate the problem until just last week, or maybe 10 days ago, because I think that the first 3 months were the lowest travel season months. And now, if this traffic will continue until next June, or some far off date, then I think I really must plan for a different setup.

Because, really, what is the point of renting a place under these conditions?

It would be terrible to have actually purchased some property here!

But maybe renting is better so that one can move when these things inevitably happen. Now, however, I will need to search for something at this price, and hopefully as nice. Probably a decade ago, it would have been easy to find something quiet.

Or, if I knew that this would pass within a month then I think I could wait it out.

note: conceivably, if I were to just move about 100 meters to the West, it could make a huge beneficial difference.

Edited by BaronOfThunder

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/570269-cnx-flight-paths-have-they-changed/

Ha! I see that this exact same subject, well almost, was discussed three years ago in January.

It seems that the same discussion was on about flight path!

This leads me to believe that something changes during this season, I mean the flight path changes, because we all know that the number of flights obviously increases.

Also!

At Gatwick airport, they are considerate enough to actually PUBLISH the flight paths for everyone to see. And they state that the aircraft must be above like 2900 feet above sea level before they can veer off it.

But google around, I can find NO published flight paths for CM airport!

So what is that about, i wonder, because you would think that they would like to make this place as quiet and comfortable as possible, at least quiet and comfortable for the arriving tourists.

As the peak of the busy season passes less flights will depart to the north. There will be more gaps in landing traffic to allow the flights to depart to the south. There are no flight path changes , its just busier so there is less chance to depart towards the south. The north bound take off traffic will never change for your location. Being so close to the end of the runway they will always be flying in a straight straight line. They turn when instructed by ATC or when a a certain altitude is reached.

Next saturday is children's day. Expect an F16 tearing past you balcony around 08:30 to 09:00. This will be the noisiest thing you will hear at CM. Heard all over the city as it banks around.

FR24 doesn't always display the CM to Udon flights.

The 2 noisiest take-offs seem to be 2 flights near midnight; I assume they're older planes with less modern engines.

1. Well you know what they say about assuming.

2. Here are the flights for tonight close to midnight. (I checked that there is nothing after midnight until 6am, although in case of delays then these flights may take off a bit after midnight, of course)

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

3. These flights use the following equipment:

• Air China to Beijing: Boeing 737-800
  • Korean Air to Busan: Boeing 737-800
  • Juneyao Airlines to Shanghai: Airbus A320
  • Korean Air to Seoul: Airbus A330-300

4. All of these are modern planes and very similar to all other flights departing throughout the day.

5. What you are experiencing is that the general environment is quieter at night, plus you're less likely to be actively doing something, causing it to be more noticeable.

NB: Info from Flightstats.com, which along with Flightradar24.com is exceptionally useful to check on departures and arrivals.

No, actually.

Flights can be delayed, causing them to take off later. And there are a couple *arrivals* in the middle of the night, (2-3am), Air Asia flights from China.

If you're higher up in Nimman you'll probably hear the arrivals at night even when they do come in from the South, just the reverse thrust is noisy enough.

You can't just decide to use A380s. The airport has to be modified to be able to handle them. Besides this problem, they haven't proved popular because of the huge number of people they have to go to the same place at the same time, as has been mentioned.

Download the flightradar24 app and you can monitor every flight from CNX or any airport in real time, and collect the data you desire ( aircraft types, take off and landing times, destinations etc)

Flightradar24 also tells you flight paths for all air traffic, and you can track any flight in real time

As the peak of the busy season passes less flights will depart to the north. There will be more gaps in landing traffic to allow the flights to depart to the south. There are no flight path changes , its just busier so there is less chance to depart towards the south. The north bound take off traffic will never change for your location. Being so close to the end of the runway they will always be flying in a straight straight line. They turn when instructed by ATC or when a a certain altitude is reached.

Next saturday is children's day. Expect an F16 tearing past you balcony around 08:30 to 09:00. This will be the noisiest thing you will hear at CM. Heard all over the city as it banks around.

"As the peak of the busy season passes less flights will depart to the north. There will be more gaps in landing traffic to allow the flights to depart to the south. There are no flight path changes , its just busier so there is less chance to depart towards the south."

OK! This is the answer to the result we are now seeing up north of the runway.

The planes would PREFER to take off toward the south, BUT they do not have this option during this holiday season.

Also, this means that if CM had two runways, then most of the flights would always take off south, and could also land from the south, BECAUSE 80 percent of the flights are going or coming from BKK.

So this means that people should encourage the building of one more runway if they want to have quiet here.

Download the flightradar24 app and you can monitor every flight from CNX or any airport in real time, and collect the data you desire ( aircraft types, take off and landing times, destinations etc)

Yes, good app, and I already downloaded it yesterday.

However, there is no way to collect the historical data from the app, that I can see, for the past year, or more.

I wonder if cloud cover would increase the apparent noise? i.e. reflect noise down.

Another thing I've noticed recently is that the Thai airlines big Boeing really rattles the windows on my condo. I'm not up on Boeing models, but this is the one which does the Frankfurt/BKK route, and also comes into CNX.

Having just arrived from Macau this evening, if word gets around the Chinese about the chaos at CNX Immigration, they'll stop coming. Tonight two full planeloads of about 500 passengers ended up in Immigration at the same time People were packed to the back wall, shouting, yelling, trying to get groups/family/friends together. There were 4 and occasionally 5 Immigration staff handling the mob. After seeing the speed with which similar hordes were handled by Macau and Chinese immigration, there's a few lessons to be learned.

I see you just joined Thai visa today. How long have you lived here. It is obvious not that long if you don't realize the traffic gets busier this time of year. It has been my experience that most people not all get use to the noise and automatically tune it out after a while. Give it time.

Seems too much information here re comings and goings of air traffic. I know that most of this info is readily available but under the present circumstances (global), vigilance may be the better side of caution, who knows who we are talking to?

Like garryjohns says just move away from the university, nimman, maya, art museum area and the northbound take offs are not really an issue.

The xmas new year and weeks around it are the busiest time of the year for tourist arrivals. Flights are full, extra flights, hotels are full, room rates are at the highest level etc.

Regardless of the wind direction (unless there is a storm and strong winds) flights will land from the south over Hangdong , Mahia area. 80% of flights are coming up from the south anyway. When its time for the flight to depart regardless of wind direction the airport will depart the flights to the south. Even the chinese and korean flights. Taking off towards the south can only happen if there are no inbound flights coming in to land from the south. With it being the busiest time of the year there is a steady stream of flights landing this is not possible. Thats why the last 5-6 days you have noticed more take offs to the north.

A lot of the chinese flights are operated by modern boeings and airbuses fresh from the factory in last 12 months. There are no A380's flying into Chiang Mai. My feeling with the recent boom in flights from China, is that this is only the beginning . Its similar to when europeans started flying to spain in the 1970's. There was a huge increase in 80's and increases on that in the 90's. Its still very early days with chinese outbound tourism.

If you do move probably best not to Mahia or the Sanphakwan area. When the traffic dies down a bit the a lot more flights will depart to the south so one aircraft roars over those areas twice.

OK, this makes a lot of sense.

1. However: You are stating that flights are taking of towards the south. These past few days, that is definitely not the case. All flights today are taking off toward the north. I don't know what the runway number is, but it must be almost due north.

2. And you are correct that these past few days the noise has been greatest.

3. Also, this month, the noise seems to have been markedly greater than in November 2015.

4. I appreciate your reply: What I would like is to search for a reliable tally of the number of lights taking off toward the North, and then toward the South.....for each month, and for the past 5 years, if possible. Obviously, this data is readily available somewhere. Some spreadsheet, perhaps.

5. You are RIGHT that it is only the beginning, because if you check the Chinese visitor forecast, this could double next year.

6. I think you might check your thinking about why I see planes either going straight North without turning to the East and then South. And then a much smaller number which take off headed North, but quickly turn East and South before they get up past about 3000 feet altitude.

7. Also, I think you are correct that the planes are packed and at maximum takeoff weight, and so this probably adds to the takeoff noise level.

8. Logically, it just seems correct that to cause the least discomfort to the maximum number of people living around the airport, the flights should optimally take off toward the South. But, they do not. At least, not now. They are all taking off North, and then just accelerating up up and away toward, I guess, China.

Even this does not make sense, because why are the Chinese visitors leaving Chiang Mai for home on New Years Day? One would think they would be staying for a few days after the New Year.

I was not here in previous years. And I have nothing to compare this to, and so need the quantitative data.

(I am not quibbling with anything you have said. I just see the planes Taking Off to the North, and it seems they might be doing this since China is their destination.)

((Sorry, I think I misread your sentence stating that flights are taking off to the South, which you did not say.))

8. "Logically, it just seems correct that to cause the least discomfort to the maximum number of people living around the airport, the flights should optimally take off toward the South."

Logically, IMO, the discomfort to all the people living around the airport would not happen if said people did not choose to live in this location.Yes?

After all the airport has been here for some 95 years already.

I wonder if cloud cover would increase the apparent noise? i.e. reflect noise down.

Another thing I've noticed recently is that the Thai airlines big Boeing really rattles the windows on my condo. I'm not up on Boeing models, but this is the one which does the Frankfurt/BKK route, and also comes into CNX.

Having just arrived from Macau this evening, if word gets around the Chinese about the chaos at CNX Immigration, they'll stop coming. Tonight two full planeloads of about 500 passengers ended up in Immigration at the same time People were packed to the back wall, shouting, yelling, trying to get groups/family/friends together. There were 4 and occasionally 5 Immigration staff handling the mob. After seeing the speed with which similar hordes were handled by Macau and Chinese immigration, there's a few lessons to be learned.

I am not an atmospheric chemist, nor physicist, but I already suggested on a previous comment that if there were layers of air of different temperature, and maybe humidity which would cause density variants, or variations, then these flat layers of hair could cause sound changes due to refraction of the sound, or reflection of said sound, and additionally an inversion could also cause the sound propagating properties to change.

This was actually the first question I asked myself because the change was rather sudden.

If the temperature had been real low, like about minus 50 degrees, then you could expect the air density to be much higher, which would cause the sound to travel faster, and be transmitted more effectively, and so it would be louder, I think, to the observer.

However in this case, I do not know if the temperature has much effect, or the humidity.

Edited by BaronOfThunder

Flights can be delayed, causing them to take off later. And there are a couple *arrivals* in the middle of the night, (2-3am), Air Asia flights from China.

If you're higher up in Nimman you'll probably hear the arrivals at night even when they do come in from the South, just the reverse thrust is noisy enough.

There have definitely been take offs - bed faces north and big windows facing west and north, I see the lights as they take off from the side then see them out of the main window. I've only noticed them recently, but it has been a lot of times and as I said a couple very quickly after one another around 1 am.

Doesn't bother me at all so I have no reason to exaggerate (unless they take the short cut over the top of us, then I shout and wave my fist at the pilot, and that's only because I have it in my head that they are being sloppy - only noisy once and that was midday).

I agree - you don't have to be in Niman to have a view of the mountain. Won't be able to see it in a couple of weeks anyway /s.

I think air traffic control have been reading this and decided to spread out the noise! I'm near the river/night bazaar and we've had several planes over us this evening. Not just-taking-off loud, but I've not noticed them at all before.

I see you just joined Thai visa today. How long have you lived here. It is obvious not that long if you don't realize the traffic gets busier this time of year. It has been my experience that most people not all get use to the noise and automatically tune it out after a while. Give it time.

Seems too much information here re comings and goings of air traffic. I know that most of this info is readily available but under the present circumstances (global), vigilance may be the better side of caution, who knows who we are talking to?

Actually, here we are talking about chronic noise exposure and subjective observations, which are identical in every country, or near every airport. This means that the impact of the airport noise can be easily compared and evaluated by using any airport for a study, and all studies show that the physiological affects of this constant noise is quite harmful physiologically and from a quality of life point of view.

I do not think that this is any huge secret.

However, the onset of this noise to the north of the airport has been quite sudden, and quite shocking. Anyway, I think that if we can compare this year's figures with last year's figures, then we will surely know that is in store for us during the next two months, IF we increase the impact by about 10 or 20 percent, due to increased traffic.

Still, I have not found the data.

If we had this data, then we could post it and refer to it so that we would know.

The interesting thing is that people who do not live in an area affected by airport noise pollution usually have absolutely no interest in the topic, however as soon as they are exposed to it, they realize that it is a major issue. The fact that residents are required to adjust so many aspects of their lives to accommodate the noise is particularly irksome.

What are the standards, if any, that aircraft must meet in order to land in Chiang Mai airport? The FAA in the USA has Stage 4 standards for international flights, by now, I think. And by 2017, Stage 5 noise level standards will be required for all aircraft.

So...What are the standards at the CM airport?

Anyone know?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/why-living-near-an-airport-could-be-bad-for-your-health-8867387.html

Case study: ‘I can hear a plane every 90 seconds’

Margaret Thorburn, 59, lives in Osterley, London, under the Heathrow flight path

"These findings are alarming. Yet they reinforce what many of us living here have suspected for a long time. I have lived in Osterley for 30 years and have been diagnosed with high blood pressure.“What people don’t realise is that it’s not just the sound of the aircraft – but how you have to adapt your entire audio environment. Everything in the house has to be louder to block out the noise; while your subconcious thought patterns are continuously interrupted.“Over the years I have no doubt this has taken its toll on my anxiety levels.“For all you hear about more advanced and quieter planes, the frequency of take-offs and landings are more than I ever remember. It’s not unusual for my day to be interrupted every 90 seconds. At the age of 59, I may well consider moving. But there are many of us that simply don’t have that option.”

There is a reason most people aren't interested though and that is that they make an informed choice - they can choose to have cheaper property at the cost of being under a flight path. Most people choose not to.

'Margaret' in your quoted story, who has (shock horror) high blood pressure didn't think about that when she got her property cheaper than everyone else 30 years ago. Mr K and I left England for good one hot day in 1987, from Heathrow which at the time was the busiest airport in the world. Still is, I think, and living under the flight path was cheaper then as it is now, we were talking to someone in the airport bar, who we couldn't understand why, being from the north and all, they lived very close by. (Answer was cheaper).

Buying under a flight path is cheaper everywhere in the world. Thankfully a past Lord Mayor of Melbourne shut the complainers down in the new developments of the outer north by saying 'Why do you think your land was so cheap - nobody else wanted to live there. Stop Whinging'.

Very politically incorrect, but very, very true.

Of course, I do agree with K. Konini that no one should buy property on land which the city has designated as a flight path.

Probably, these areas should be zoned commercial, and they could also be set aside for wetlands, or something, although then they birds get sucked into the engines.

Luckily, I am renting. And if the noise persists very much longer, then I will not be renting here.

Anyway, here is the link to the instructions for using your Android to measure sound pressure from planes taking off:

http://www.android.gs/how-to-measure-noise-levels-on-your-android-device-with-sound-meter/

Once it is properly calibrated, then the microphones on Samsung phones are usually very sensitive, I think.

Like garryjohns says just move away from the university, nimman, maya, art museum area and the northbound take offs are not really an issue.

The xmas new year and weeks around it are the busiest time of the year for tourist arrivals. Flights are full, extra flights, hotels are full, room rates are at the highest level etc.

Regardless of the wind direction (unless there is a storm and strong winds) flights will land from the south over Hangdong , Mahia area. 80% of flights are coming up from the south anyway. When its time for the flight to depart regardless of wind direction the airport will depart the flights to the south. Even the chinese and korean flights. Taking off towards the south can only happen if there are no inbound flights coming in to land from the south. With it being the busiest time of the year there is a steady stream of flights landing this is not possible. Thats why the last 5-6 days you have noticed more take offs to the north.

A lot of the chinese flights are operated by modern boeings and airbuses fresh from the factory in last 12 months. There are no A380's flying into Chiang Mai. My feeling with the recent boom in flights from China, is that this is only the beginning . Its similar to when europeans started flying to spain in the 1970's. There was a huge increase in 80's and increases on that in the 90's. Its still very early days with chinese outbound tourism.

If you do move probably best not to Mahia or the Sanphakwan area. When the traffic dies down a bit the a lot more flights will depart to the south so one aircraft roars over those areas twice.

OK, this makes a lot of sense.

1. However: You are stating that flights are taking of towards the south. These past few days, that is definitely not the case. All flights today are taking off toward the north. I don't know what the runway number is, but it must be almost due north.

2. And you are correct that these past few days the noise has been greatest.

3. Also, this month, the noise seems to have been markedly greater than in November 2015.

4. I appreciate your reply: What I would like is to search for a reliable tally of the number of lights taking off toward the North, and then toward the South.....for each month, and for the past 5 years, if possible. Obviously, this data is readily available somewhere. Some spreadsheet, perhaps.

5. You are RIGHT that it is only the beginning, because if you check the Chinese visitor forecast, this could double next year.

6. I think you might check your thinking about why I see planes either going straight North without turning to the East and then South. And then a much smaller number which take off headed North, but quickly turn East and South before they get up past about 3000 feet altitude.

7. Also, I think you are correct that the planes are packed and at maximum takeoff weight, and so this probably adds to the takeoff noise level.

8. Logically, it just seems correct that to cause the least discomfort to the maximum number of people living around the airport, the flights should optimally take off toward the South. But, they do not. At least, not now. They are all taking off North, and then just accelerating up up and away toward, I guess, China.

Even this does not make sense, because why are the Chinese visitors leaving Chiang Mai for home on New Years Day? One would think they would be staying for a few days after the New Year.

I was not here in previous years. And I have nothing to compare this to, and so need the quantitative data.

(I am not quibbling with anything you have said. I just see the planes Taking Off to the North, and it seems they might be doing this since China is their destination.)

((Sorry, I think I misread your sentence stating that flights are taking off to the South, which you did not say.))

8. "Logically, it just seems correct that to cause the least discomfort to the maximum number of people living around the airport, the flights should optimally take off toward the South."

Logically, IMO, the discomfort to all the people living around the airport would not happen if said people did not choose to live in this location.Yes?

After all the airport has been here for some 95 years already.

1. As you point out, the airport has been located here for a long time.

2. At that time, the time when the location of the airport was decided, there was no proper city planning.

3. At that time, the people who put the airport there did not expect that CM would be as big or spread out as it is today

4. They probably did not envision that a single plane would be as big and heavy as a battleship!

5. So now the answer is to make the planes quieter, and maybe to build another runway so that planes can takeoff South instead of north,

6. And do you think that all the schools should be moved? I mean the schools that are directly in the Flight Path? I mean that small school CMU, for example? Because, otherwise, how can they concentrate on their studies?

Edited by BaronOfThunder

Also, this means that if CM had two runways, then most of the flights would always take off south, and could also land from the south, BECAUSE 80 percent of the flights are going or coming from BKK.

So this means that people should encourage the building of one more runway if they want to have quiet here.

No it doesn't work that way