Dishonored government promise by banks

There was a government news item few days ago promising a fee waiver to all ATM in Thai banks transactions

on the dates of 1st-3rd of Jan... as a gift to the Thai people....

An attempt by a Thai person to transfer money on the 2nd of Jan at 2 Thai banks with no fees paid, was mat with

bewildering looks and the usual ;Mai Dai' by bank's staff when was told about the item above, claiming not

to know anything about such thing...

one thing is to talk big, and another to make sure that these

talks are no hollow and worthless....

I don't think anyone has lied. Instead the OP misunderstood what fees were being wavered. The fee waiver applies to inter-regional "ATM withdrawal" and "CDM cash deposit" fees. A transfer which the OP was talking about is not a withdrawal or cash deposit.

See below snapshot from the Bangkok Bank website and assuming other Thai banks have the same fee waiver policy in effect there is no mention of fee waiver on "transfers" which the OP was attempting.

Now the Nation news story weblink I provided earlier surely does imply transfers fees would be waived, but the Nation ain't exactly known for the accuracy of their reporting...they like to report fast...be first...beat the Bangkok Post. And all to often that causes Nation news articles to be lacking in detail and accuracy IMO from reading both newspapers.

post-55970-0-81760500-1451808967_thumb.j

Edited by Pib

I don't think anyone has lied. Instead the OP misunderstood what fees were being wavered. The fee waiver applies to inter-regional "ATM withdrawal" and "CDM cash deposit" fees. A transfer which the OP was talking about is not a withdrawal or cash deposit.

See below snapshot from the Bangkok Bank website and assuming other Thai banks have the same fee waiver policy in effect there is no mention of fee waiver on "transfers" which the OP was attempting.

Now the Nation news story weblink I provided earlier surely does imply transfers fees would be waived, but the Nation ain't exactly known for the accuracy of their reporting...they like to report fast...be first...beat the Bangkok Post. And all to often that causes Nation news articles to be lacking in detail and accuracy IMO from reading both newspapers.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Yeap, good find Pib. And these "fees" that they're talking about is like 20 bt (if we're talking ATM withdraws in another region/province). Not exactly something to get excited about. But as usual, the OP is screaming over something without doing his homework.