Pattaya And Several Dentists...

vent-it-los

I have had a number of extractions over the years with little problem other than the usual soreness and aching for a week or so.

Just a week before this last Xmas I had the usual painful symptoms which I have experienced before this time with an upper rear tooth next to the back one.

After Xray the dentist said that there were 2 options either a root canal or an extraction and as the opposing bottom tooth had already been removed I decided to have the extraction.

During the extraction the dentist said "Oh"! to the dental nurse.

It transpired that the next tooth which was the back tooth had come so loose during the extraction that it would have to be removed as well.

I did not know whether it was the fault of the dentist or the way the tooth was that caused it to become loose although it was very firm before.

I rinsed with hot salt water three times a day but the jelly like filling did not occur and the gap just wouldn`t heal.

My remedy of swilling the mouth with brandy several times during the evening did however begin to provide a certain amount of numbness :o

Anyway the pain which I had was very severe and at the end of January I went back for a check up and it had still not healed. It is just about healed now but at times I was in agony and even the painkillers were not working.

So It doesn`t always follow that every extraction is the same and I wish that I had opted for the root canal rather than the extraction. :D

Amen to that. I too wish I had been persuaded to keep it.

I forgot to mention that I had 2 stiches inserted to seal the wound, and they were removed after a week - last Tuesday. The wound is still very deep, but today was the first time in 2 weeks that I have been almost free of pain, although last night it was quite bad.

I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world to suffer from extractions - but I wouldn't wish the pain I've been through on my worst enemy.

I have had a number of extractions over the years with little problem other than the usual soreness and aching for a week or so.

Just a week before this last Xmas I had the usual painful symptoms which I have experienced before this time with an upper rear tooth next to the back one.

After Xray the dentist said that there were 2 options either a root canal or an extraction and as the opposing bottom tooth had already been removed I decided to have the extraction.

During the extraction the dentist said "Oh"! to the dental nurse.

It transpired that the next tooth which was the back tooth had come so loose during the extraction that it would have to be removed as well.

I did not know whether it was the fault of the dentist or the way the tooth was that caused it to become loose although it was very firm before.

I rinsed with hot salt water three times a day but the jelly like filling did not occur and the gap just wouldn`t heal.

My remedy of swilling the mouth with brandy several times during the evening did however begin to provide a certain amount of numbness :o

Anyway the pain which I had was very severe and at the end of January I went back for a check up and it had still not healed. It is just about healed now but at times I was in agony and even the painkillers were not working.

So It doesn`t always follow that every extraction is the same and I wish that I had opted for the root canal rather than the extraction. :D

Amen to that. I too wish I had been persuaded to keep it.

I forgot to mention that I had 2 stiches inserted to seal the wound, and they were removed after a week - last Tuesday. The wound is still very deep, but today was the first time in 2 weeks that I have been almost free of pain, although last night it was quite bad.

I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world to suffer from extractions - but I wouldn't wish the pain I've been through on my worst enemy.

My wife now says that I am whistling out of tune and I tend to drink the whisky quicker before it dribbles out of my mouth :D

Oh to be young again and have a mouthful of Knashers :D