Change AC condenser

Lampang2

Changing to a larger condenser "if possible" may not help because maybe the evaporator is also undersized for tropical environments such as Thailand. I would first confirm your freon pressures are correct and also clean you condenser. You can clean the condenser yourself with a water hose.

Changing to a larger condenser "if possible" may not help because maybe the evaporator is also undersized for tropical environments such as Thailand. I would first confirm your freon pressures are correct and also clean you condenser. You can clean the condenser yourself with a water hose.

I will also make sure it has a working fan for the condenser.

If not add one.

Complex, it's a minivan and has dual systems, passenger part is OK.

Front also unless sun shines into front windshield.

May add the new ceramic film if needed on windshield.

Struggle for ice cold car continues.

Trying to get "ice cold" in a larger vehicle in Thailand may prove challenging, especially one with lots of windows without dark tinting. And if the vehicle is a dark color, like maybe black like my SUV, then it's just a sunlight heat magnetic...guess that is why so many vehicles in Thailand/the tropics are either white or silver in color which reflect sunlight/heat much better than a dark color.

I wonder how you came to that conclusion. You can clean the radiator fins with a foam chemical cleaner ... same as you might use on you house air con and then flush with a hosepipe.

It's more likely to be the fact that the evaporator is dirty. It can be cleaned in situ but about 2000thb I think. There might also be a filter to help prevent the evap from getting dirty, check and replace.

You have checked that the radiator fan is working? Sometimes there are two fans.

It's worth getting the gas pressures checked... but don't get conned!!

I had the evap cleaned on a 20 year old car, it was really 'caked' ... not very successful and I ended up having a new evap fitted. They are quite cheap but it can be a big job to change ... that air con works fine now.

A decent window film works wonders ... it is possible to get one with a reasonable amount of Total Solar Energy Rejected along with a fair bit of Visible Light Transmitted and not be too dark... where's ACE smile.png BUT it costs.... loads of Topics on window film ... hope another one doesn't start ...

But in all cases make sure you avoid doing more damage to the condenser by inadvertently folding over the fins while cleaning avoid high pressure and in fact that may also be a part of your current problem if too many have been damaged or clogged by flying rubber, stones etc.

Had a decent ac shop look at it today.

He cleaned up condenser and evaporator, but also made clear that this is how good it gets.

Else change the whole thing.

40000 bath.

I will put film on windshield now.

Only window missing film.

Ceramic, nano film

40,000 that is to change the car. I paid something like 4-5000 thb for changing the evap.

40,000thb sounds somewhat expensive unless it's an old Merc or BM. Did you look at the state of the evap. Normally he will have it on a monitor so he can see where he is squirting. They usually ozone the car afterwards to kill any bacteria.

40,000 that is to change the car. I paid something like 4-5000 thb for changing the evap.

40,000thb sounds somewhat expensive unless it's an old Merc or BM. Did you look at the state of the evap. Normally he will have it on a monitor so he can see where he is squirting. They usually ozone the car afterwards to kill any bacteria.

Change the whole thing = compressor, evaporator, condenser, drier, + new control system (thermostat)

Modern compressor with variable volume.

Will mount sun film on windshield first.

If not enough, the complete AC gets replaced.

You probably going to be much better of with a WORKING original system than a "custom system" from parts left over in khun Somcahi's back yard.

I just spent a lot of money turning my classic car's A/C back to original after some "expert" customized it (and made is useless) with previous owners.

Change the whole thing = compressor, evaporator, condenser, drier, + new control system (thermostat)

Modern compressor with variable volume.

Will mount sun film on windshield first.

If not enough, the complete AC gets replaced.

Good luck with that....you'll need tons of luck to get such a system which will have long term reliability and will actually fit properly.

I wonder how you came to that conclusion. You can clean the radiator fins with a foam chemical cleaner ... same as you might use on you house air con and then flush with a hosepipe.

It's more likely to be the fact that the evaporator is dirty. It can be cleaned in situ but about 2000thb I think. There might also be a filter to help prevent the evap from getting dirty, check and replace.

You have checked that the radiator fan is working? Sometimes there are two fans.

I had the evap cleaned on a 20 year old car, it was really 'caked' ... not very successful and I ended up having a new evap fitted. They are quite cheap but it can be a big job to change ... that air con works fine now.

A decent window film works wonders ... it is possible to get one with a reasonable amount of Total Solar Energy Rejected along with a fair bit of Visible Light Transmitted and not be too dark... where's ACE smile.png BUT it costs.... loads of Topics on window film ... hope another one doesn't start ...

Ello , Im here, just to annoy the Dumb {old} Brits that never had Air Con, Auto Trans or Heat Film they are all a bit Dim like the Black Film they slop on cause the Wifes Brother said U Must Have it. Fuss over nothing again...cheesy.gif

Ello , Im here, just to annoy the Dumb {old} Brits that never had Air Con, Auto Trans or Heat Film they are all a bit Dim like the Black Film they slop on cause the Wifes Brother said U Must Have it. Fuss over nothing again...cheesy.gif
Afternoon ACE ...do you ever post in Bedlam ....just asking ....your posts would fit in there well ☺☺☺

Toyota charge around 3,000bt to clean the thing in situ that's on a Tuna.

Takes about 1.1/2 hours or their machine.

Does work well afterwards. But at 3000bt it should.

Lampang2, on 08 Jan 2016 - 21:10, said:

Shop cleaned evaporator, condenser and drainage.

Did refill check.

700 Baht.

Works possible a tiny bit better.

Sun film is now my next move.

That's cheap ... did you look at the state of the evap ... you should have been able to view it either direct or via a monitor. Does it stink when on recirc. now.

Here are some pics I took whilst the evep in our 20 year old Mazda Lantis was being changed. Not exactly a little job on some cars.

Film will help but you need a working AirCon System to stay cool.

post-17329-0-82274700-1452269004_thumb.j

post-17329-0-39457800-1452269193_thumb.j

post-17329-0-78842800-1452269023_thumb.j

Lampang2, on 08 Jan 2016 - 21:10, said:

Shop cleaned evaporator, condenser and drainage.

Did refill check.

700 Baht.

Works possible a tiny bit better.

Sun film is now my next move.

That's cheap ... did you look at the state of the evap ... you should have been able to view it either direct or via a monitor. Does it stink when on recirc. now.

Here are some pics I took whilst the evep in our 20 year old Mazda Lantis was being changed. Not exactly a little job on some cars.

Film will help but you need a working AirCon System to stay cool.

attachicon.gif20150525_143133.jpg

attachicon.gif20150523_090401.jpg

attachicon.gif20150523_085933.jpg

It's an old mitsubishi L300.

Measured temperature put of AC at full fan is - 3 degree Celsius.

Can't ask for more.

But not enough, 555.

Need sunfilm on front windshield.

Once sun is a tiny bit stronger than your AC temperature just slowly goes up inside the car.

It's a battle of maybe 15% less hear into the car or out of the AC.

I will try film on windshield.

If not enough.

Major overhaul of AC is in the cards.

Make sure the fresh air vent is closing and sealing.

Yes,

It is not.

I will need to bring my wife with me, next time to explain that.

You notice when all smell from fires etc outside instantly gets into the car as you pass.

Thanks for reminding me.

Archived