Bank statements in support of non-immigrant O visa

OP were you married in Thailand or Australia as that can make a difference.

Could you please elaborate. We were married and registered in Australia.

If you have a foreign marriage you have to bring that foreign marriage certificate to Thailand and go to your embassy in Bangkok and swear an affidavit on the certificate. Then you have this affidavit and certificated translate from your home country language to Thai and then these get registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or MFA for short. Now you can go to any amphur and have your marriage recognize and on fill in Thailand. For proof and you have to submit this to immigration for a marriage extension you need a Kor Ror 22 this you get at any amphur and cost about 20 baht. You normaly need a new one ever year. If you were married in Thailand it is a KR 2.

You also need the marriage documents certified by the THAI embassy in your home country.

That is not required to register a foreign marriage. The MFA certification takes care of that.

You also need the marriage documents certified by the THAI embassy in your home country.

That is not required to register a foreign marriage. The MFA certification takes care of that.

Hi UbonJoe, I had our marriage certificate legalised by the UK FCO, then had certified translations done.

We were advised at our Amphur to take these to CW for processing before taking them back to the Amphur.

At CW we were quite rudely told that we had to get them stamped by the British Embassy in Bangkok. This seemed absurd as they had already been legalised by the FCO, so I called the Embassy while I was still in the CW office.

When the Embassy assured me that we were being wrongly advised by the Thais, I asked them to speak to the officials at CW there and then, which they did.

The officials at CW then insisted that we have to take the already legalised and translated marriage certificate to the Thai Embassy in London.

This was around September of last year. Can you confirm that they are wrong and help point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed quoting error by removing the excess and uneeded quotes only 4 are allowed

Hi UbonJoe, I had our marriage certificate legalised by the UK FCO, then had certified translations done.

We were advised at our Amphur to take these to CW for processing before taking them back to the Amphur.

At CW we were quite rudely told that we had to get them stamped by the British Embassy in Bangkok. This seemed absurd as they had already been legalised by the FCO, so I called the Embassy while I was still in the CW office.

When the Embassy assured me that we were being wrongly advised by the Thais, I asked them to speak to the officials at CW there and then, which they did.

The officials at CW then insisted that we have to take the already legalised and translated marriage certificate to the Thai Embassy in London.

This was around September of last year. Can you confirm that they are wrong and help point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance.

You did not even have to have your marriage certificate certified by the UK FCO. You can do a statement to do a self certification at the embassy.

Did you have your certified marriage certificate translated to Thai and then have it certified by the MFA? That step is enough to satisfy the Amphoe.

Thanks in advance.

You did not even have to have your marriage certificate certified by the UK FCO. You can do a statement to do a self certification at the embassy.

Did you have your certified marriage certificate translated to Thai and then have it certified by the MFA? That step is enough to satisfy the Amphoe.

We started the process when we were living in the UK. We were told by the Thai embassy that we had to get the FCO to legalise our certificate then get it trAnslated, which we did.

We originally brought the legalised certificate to Thailand in 2014. The a amphoe told us we had to take it to the MFA, which was locked down at the time.

We're now living in Thailand. When we went to the MFA they told us we had to take it to the Thai embassy in London first.

Thanks for your advice. It looks like it will be easiest for us to start again with an affidavit at the British embassy.

BM