Two-entry Tourist Visa

Hi guys,

I currently am in Thailand on a 2-entry tourist visa. I was wondering about the near future and have a few questions. Here's my situation:

- My TR was issued in KL on 22 August

- I entered Thailand on the 24th of August

- My current stamp is till 22 October

- I will get a 1-month extension the coming week

- The visa states I have to enter the country before 21 November

Does this mean that I have to leave AND re-enter the country before 21 November for the visa to remain valid, so that I can use the second entry?

If I am correct, I would get a 3-month stamp upon entry, till 20 February or so?

And this could be followed by another TR (if they will issue it) or a VOA, right?

Now about staying long-term: I stayed the first year on a non-immigrant, multiple-entry B visa. This was followed by a single-entry tourist visa issued in Singapore on 23 May 06, and then my current tourist visa issued on 22 August. I have not entered the country once with a 30-day VOA.

Bearing in mind that I've been living here on embassy-issued visas only, would I still have to keep an eye on this new 180-day rule? I mean, will Immigration start counting from 1 October and say: you can stay in Thialand till 1 April and no longer? This is very important to know, because I have a house here which I will have to sell. We will be moving out of the country anyway, I just want to make sure I am not kicked out before I can arrange everything...

I will be visiting Pattaya Immigration in the coming days and will ask them these questions, but I would appreciate any info you might have. Thanks.

Edited by Levent

Your VISA expires November 21, means after that day you have no visa, anymore.

If you enter before Nov. 21 you will permitted to stay for another 60 days, plus an evtl. extension, if granted.

Aferwards you can apply for another visa outside of Thailand.

The 180-days rule applies to visits without visa (visa exempted stay of max 90 days within 180 days period). As long as you received permission to stay, having arrived with visa, you are safe, If you ask for extention and it is granted, you are safe again for that extented period.