Land Rover Service

Crossy

I'm seriously contemplating a LandRover Discovery.

Any Disco owners in BKK / Pathum Thani with recommendations for service centres??

Hey Crossy, I take my Range Rover to Thai Ultimate on Vipawadee Rangsit road. It's more expensive than the independent shops for sure, but the staff is nice and for a car like the Land Rovers, i'd rather not have a mechanic use my car as their learning tool... that said, I've some friends that use independent dealers around the Petchburi area I think, and they don't have complaints (cept when the car breaks down, which is a normal occurence with these cars).

I'd stay away from the old Discoverys mate. Dunno what you're looking at, but the older ones are more of a headache than anything.

Lot's of people will tell you to stay away from LR and buy a run-o-the-mill Vigo or something, but I say go for it -- but you gotta really love Land Rovers like a man loves his bitchy wife... cuz that's how they behave... Still, I love mine!

P.S. I think there is another LR service center over on the east side of town near Bang Na but I'm not sure.

Call them "Thai Ultimate Ripoff". Had a ABS problem once on the Range, and they quoted Bath 240,000 to repair (replace it ) .

Went to chidlom garage and they opened it up and repaired for 30k.

Had a pickup truck loose a wheel and bounce into my windscreen ( nearly killing my staff ). Insurance co. sent it to Thai U. Ripoff, and 2 months later they were still freaking around. When I got the "finished" car back it was a terrible job they had done, sent it back with 7 substantial defects ( and a few minor i.e. forgot to put wiper on ).

On soi 17 or 15 suk, there is a Merc place which bought over Chidlom garage business. They will doa good job for 1/5th of the price.

I have seen a "Land Rover" probably Range Rover dealers on the Bang Na - Trat lower road going towards the new airport on the frontage road around km 6 but I have no idea what they are like as I have a Ford Ranger pickup.

The only reason I know it is there is because I pass it on the way to my wifes family house.