Thaihealth Insurance

Beachbunny

Does anyone have any experience with this insurer? ThaiHealth Insurance

I've been checking out different major medical health plans and this one SEEMS a bit better than BUPA with reasonable rates. It also will insure to age 70 if enrolled before age 65. Also says worldwide coverage. ...and an Emergency Assistance benefit that is domestic or worldwide with a maximum coverage of $1 million dollars, not baht. Major medical too.

Their emergency medical service is with SOS International Service.

The above benefits are listed on the Wealthy Healthy plans.

Beachbunny

I checked them out because a friend told me the same thing you are saying. I looked at the same coverage we have through Bupa for myself, mywife and my wifes son who I adopted. I guess it depends on two things. Your age now, and just yourself or do you have a family. I pay Bupa 60,000 baht per year for all three of us with a 1000 baht per day out patient coverage. With the plan we have they pay up to 500,000 baht per person per event. I am 61 will be 62 in December, and my wife is 37. The first two years we paid 54000 baht and because of age it went up slightly this year. Last year they paid out 90,000 baht. My son was in the hospital twice. Another advantage of Bupa is they will insure you for life if you join by age 61 and they pay direct which Thai Health does not.

Barry

Dear Beachbunny,

How are you?

I have some information but I am not sure how useful it will be to you.

I went to my local hospital askng about Thai health insurance and was told that as a single man in Thailand on retirement visa I couldn't have any. Seeing a thread in Thai Visa I contacted these people and am now insured with them. The hospital recognises the insurance so that if I am hit on my motorbike it is not going to cost me more than the insurance. I went to the hospital where they advised me as to the best of the Wealthy Healthy options to choose in terms of their pricing. If you PM me I can give you an email address and phone number of a Thai Health Insurance person I have been emailing.

I had problems with BUPA not paying up so thought I would risk Thai Health insurance as it is cheaper, and I was told the western ones were all expensive and equally poor as payers.

Hope this helps and that you are keeping well,

All the Best

Bill Z

I've been checking out different major medical health plans and this one SEEMS a bit better than BUPA with reasonable rates. It also will insure to age 70 if enrolled before age 65. Also says worldwide coverage. ...and an Emergency Assistance benefit that is domestic or worldwide with a maximum coverage of $1 million dollars, not baht. Major medical too.

Beachbunny

Clicked on the link, Wealthy Healthy WS6000 package is 44,000B.

Per month or year?

Did a calculation for the cheapest options:

SP700: 2,657B (OPD 5,459B)

WH800: 4,141B (OPD 7,031B)

The prices seem like monthly payments.

Then, WH6000 (top option) at 44,000B (1100US$) per month for a single person does not look like a bargain.

Thai Health may be more flexible to suit needs/situations at lower premium ranges.

For those interested in 1K US$ + per month premiums, a note that top insurance for my whole family (toddler, wife, myself, all covered, 50% dental too) is 1040US$ per month(company pays). Valid anywhere in the world, I am in Japan.

Beachbunny

Clicked on the link, Wealthy Healthy WS6000 package is 44,000B.

Per month or year?

It's per year NOT per month. I don't need the wh6000, just something to offset hospitalization costs if one of gets sick. If I wanted to pay 44,000 baht per month I could tget he same insurance I had in the states and they would cover me here. Of course if someone else is footing your bill it doesn't matter the cost.

ThaiHealth premiums seem to be somewhat less than Bupa and how much they'll pay somewhat better. The big thing for me was the 1 million dollar emergency coverage for here or overseas, not 1 million baht like Bupa.

I'll be sending you a pm billzant.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Beachbunny. P.S. Barry I'm that friend that talked to you in jomtien.