Bangkok is one of the worst traffic cities in the world (latest Numbeo ratings)

Thainess

http://www.numbeo.com/traffic/rankings_current.jsp

Bangkok sits almost at the top of the list (i.e. worst) out of about 200 cities worldwide... Click on each column to organize the cities in ascending or descending order. The one that surprised me most is in terms of CO2 emissions. Bangkok is the 2nd worst in the world! Also in terms of traffic inefficiency, Bangkok is doing its best to rise to no. 1 in the world! Only Kolkata and Dhaka are worse anywhere in the world in terms of the traffic inefficiency index.

Edited by Thainess

Ha Habiggrin.png

Where is China City?

And formula how is calculate?

I guess your English reading ability is equal to your writing ability, because there are several Chinese cities in that list and it explains how they calculate the formula at the top of the page (click on "Explain these indices"):

Traffic Index is a composite index of time consumed in traffic due to job commute, estimation of time consumption dissatisfaction, CO2 consumption estimation in traffic and overall inefficiencies in the traffic system.

Time Index - is an average one way time needed to transport, in minutes.

Time Exp. Index - is an estimation of dissatisfaction due to long commute times. It assumes that the dissatisfaction of commute times increases exponentially with each minute after one way commute time is longer than 25 minutes.

Inefficiency Index - is an estimation of inefficiencies in the traffic, with high inefficiencies it assumes driving, long commute times, etc. It is meant to be more measurements of economies of scale in traffic.

CO2 Emission Index - is an estimation of CO2 consumption due to traffic time. Measurement unit is grams for the return trip. To calculate an average estimation of emission in grams for one way commute to work, divide this value with 2.

I save 80,000 baht from moving to BKK from Seattle, WA

The CO2 is lovely to smell.....

Now i get black lung and it costs me 9283734239847324893240732 baht in hospital stays!@!!!

why can't they just close a country after x amount of people.......like a bar.... LOL...not like N. Korea...

this is not a troll post!!!! it's a post of comedy.....with truth!!!!

coffee1.gif

Now i get black lung and it costs me 9283734239847324893240732 baht in hospital stays!@!!!

why can't they just close a country after x amount of people.......like a bar.... LOL...not like N. Korea...

coffee1.gif

So you moved from one of the highest suicide cities in the world; Seattle.

Maybe you should be thankful you are alive.

coffee1.gif

why do people always make fun of north korea? not cool at all.

to the OP, big deal? not like something we don't already know.

But if your not a car driver has an excellent Skytrain and Underground service to rival any cities, you can cross the city in minutes

As long as you only want to visit a small number of locations. Take a look at, say, a London Underground map, and see if Bangkok's 3 lines rival its coverage. It's the beginnings of a decent transport network, but it has a long way to go.

But if your not a car driver has an excellent Skytrain and Underground service to rival any cities, you can cross the city in minutes

you clearly Haven't seen many city rail or underground services in the world if you think Bangkok's 2 skytrain lines and 1 subway line "rivals any cities"

coffee1.gif

So you moved from one of the highest suicide cities in the world; Seattle.

Maybe you should be thankful you are alive.

I thought the highest suicide city in the world was Pattaya? I mean "highest" in the sense of falling from high floors.

As long as you only want to visit a small number of locations. Take a look at, say, a London Underground map, and see if Bangkok's 3 lines rival its coverage. It's the beginnings of a decent transport network, but it has a long way to go.

You can hardly compare it with a London system that was built 150 years ago with constant enlargement.

Yes really a small number of locations on the Bangkok system!!!, considering they only started about 1990 not bad going I would say

post-6099-0-27716100-1452063862_thumb.pn

It hardly rivals any city, though, does it?

If just half the money that had actually been set aside for transport was actually spent on transport (as opposed to disappearing to 'other projects) then Bkk would have one of the best systems in the world.

Not to mention the little debarkles spread around the city, like "Stonehenge' etc.