Sister of 'CP' tycoon burglarized, loses THB10 million diamonds and brand-name bags

webfact

Sister of 'CP' tycoon burglarized, loses THB10 million diamonds and brand-name bags
By Coconuts Bangkok

angkana.jpg
A screenshot of the burglarized home from Google Street View.

BANGKOK: -- A sister of Thailand's richest man, also known as CP All chairman Dhanin Chearavanont, was burglarized on Sunday by a very discerning thief who stole an entire safe containing jewelry 13 pieces of diamond jewelry with an estimated worth of THB10 million.

A relative of Angkana Chearavanont, 68, filed a police complaint after her two maids discovered that the safe, and at least 20 brand-name bags (Hermes, Balenciaga, Chanel and Louis Vuitton among them), were stolen from her home on Thonglor soi 25.

Angkana is currently on holiday abroad and only her two maids are staying at her house.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/06/sister-cp-tycoon-burglarized-loses-thb10-million-diamonds-and-brand-name-bags

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-01-06

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7-Eleven, CP-Foods and Makro. Thailands biggest landowner: 630.000 rai....................Plus a little insider trade on SET (Her brother had "forgotten" he was going to buy Makro.)

So do I feel sorry for her: NO

Tomorrows headline: One of the two maids husband/BF involved..................................

Oh so sad for her - she must be devastated that she will needs to use at least half a day to buy replacements. Perhaps she even need to extend the holiday and fly to Paris to buy the new stuff. I feel sorry for all this hassle for her.

We will all feel the same if you ever get burgled. Envy is not a nice trait.

"A sister of Thailand's richest man, also known as CP All chairman Dhanin Chearavanont, was burglarized on Sunday by a very discerning thief who stole an entire safe containing jewelry 13 pieces of diamond jewelry with an estimated worth of THB10 million."

If I had 10 million baht in a safe at home you'd need jackhammers, a crane and a platoon of workers to remove it.

Oh so sad for her - she must be devastated that she will needs to use at least half a day to buy replacements. Perhaps she even need to extend the holiday and fly to Paris to buy the new stuff. I feel sorry for all this hassle for her.

We will all feel the same if you ever get burgled. Envy is not a nice trait.

It is not his fault. The feeling of unsatisfied desire results in jealousy. It is a human trait.

Jealousy should be converted back to desire making them work harder until they too will get what they want.

Edited by djjamie

This crime will be solved soon enough. Unlike missing political or trade our social activists, or disappeared sex trade workers, or Thailand's sex crimes sector or drunk driving or corruption or the domestic abuse crisis, this is a serious crime and will command assets and senior police attention.

"A sister of Thailand's richest man, also known as CP All chairman Dhanin Chearavanont, was burglarized on Sunday by a very discerning thief who stole an entire safe containing jewelry 13 pieces of diamond jewelry with an estimated worth of THB10 million."

If I had 10 million baht in a safe at home you'd need jackhammers, a crane and a platoon of workers to remove it.

And a crowbar to prise it free of my cold dead hands.

How many pigs had to die to buy all her vulgar pretentious crap? CP- A lovely piece of stinking processed pork anyone?

What did she do to pigs?

WHY is being wealthy pretentious?

Is being poor noble?

How many people have jobs because of rich guys like Branson, Gates and Steve Jobs?

Would the world be better off without innovators like them?

Do you not aspire to better yourself and make more money?

I do.

Burgled sounds funny. Burglarized is too long.

Can we settle on robbed?

Not really.

Burgled/burglarized are more specific and make it clear that things were stolen from her house.

Robbed suggests the items were taken my force or threat.

"Angkana is currently on holiday abroad and only her two maids are staying at her house."

Ah huh...

And she didn't have security guards ?

Guess her bodyguards were with her on holiday then.

Actually, the security staff at the house are extremely efficient and intelligent.

fb. a thief's best tool. not only do wealthy people enjoy bragging about their expensive toys, they even do stuff like pictures of their flights and return tickets. yes, keep up with those selfies. I will not.

but a whole safe? no noise? a double wammy on CP. asian neighboring countries are banning the imports of thai chicken because their chicken has more hormones in it than most ladyboys. (yes, i know farmed animals generally have hormones, but not at this level.)