SET Index tumbles amid external concern

SET Index tumbles amid external concern

64-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- THAI stock market tumbled 24.7 points at the opening of the trade this morning which analysts said was investor's concern about the Chinese stock market crash today.

The main SET index opened at 1,235.33 points, down 24.71 points or 1.96%, from Wednesday’s close.

The trade value was 2.75 billion baht with 535.84 million shares traded.

The SET 50 index opened at 769.21 points, down 20.81 points or 2.63%, with a total trade value of 2.07 billion baht.

The MAI index was down 5.47 points or 1.08% to stand at 501.48 points with total transaction value of 40.87 million baht.

However by 11 am, the main index edged up slowly to 1,240 points, down 19 points at trade value amounted to 15 billion baht, mainly from buying into the telecom sticks.

Five most active stocks by value are ADVANC, PTT, JAS, INTUCH, and BEM.

Analysts said the fall was mainly due to concern of external factors, namely Chinese economy and its market crash today, Middle East tension, particularly the Saudi-Iran conflict, falling global oil price, and North Korea’s hydrogen bomb test.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/set-index-tumbles-amid-external-concern

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-07

Analysts said the fall was mainly due to concern of external factors, namely Chinese economy and its market crash today, Middle East tension, particularly the Saudi-Iran conflict, falling global oil price, and North Korea’s hydrogen bomb test.

Yes, it's always external factors :>

I have to agree with the analysts on this occasion!

Significant falls on most world markets over last few days.

That said, the junta has to take responsibility for the loss of investor confidence in Thailand, and the significant falls on SET experienced throughout most of 2015.

That said, the junta has to take responsibility for the loss of investor confidence in Thailand, and the significant falls on SET experienced throughout most of 2015.

absolute ignorance. The Junta has nothing to do with how the SET performs. Some posters love to blame everingthing on the Junta. However the huge increase in tourists numbers can be tributed to the Junta. Because tourists want to somewhere safe without the sort of violent protests that occured before the junta took over, They also like the new look of our beaches again thanks to the Junta

Yes, it's always external factors :>

70% of Thailand's GDP historically depends on exports. So yes, Thailand's economy is very dependent on external factors. Your observation is most astute. wai2.gif

The government's current strategy is to move towards a more domestic economy where it has more control over internal factors but that is a 5-10 year process under favorable economic conditions, ie., plentiful capital, low household debt, high wages, etc. Unfortunately, the timing for Thailand to make that transition is poor.

Edited by Srikcir

only price matters....

i called my broker and told them SET should be at 2100....not 1200...and i should have more money because of this and that....

i will wait and read the news tomorrow to know why today it went down.....hmmmm

now i live under bridge....but i think i know why it went down.....

a macro viewpoint is meaningless when it comes to making money......

since none of you know the arb spread swap CDS unlevered in London via Chinese yuan done in the dark pool....

Quote Significant falls on most world markets over last few days. unquote. It is only January 7th we still have almost a whole year to go. Hang onto your hat but not your stocks. Yehaw

Edited by elgordo38

only price matters....

i called my broker and told them SET should be at 2100....not 1200...and i should have more money because of this and that....

since none of you know the arb spread swap CDS unlevered in London via Chinese yuan done in the dark pool....

How could a smart guy like you be living under a bridge? Just kidding.

Translation: Thailand is following global markets that are concerned by growth potential, high valuations and high debt levels.

Translation: Thailand is following global markets that are concerned by growth potential, high valuations and high debt levels.

and USA faces exactly the same concerns

only price matters....

How could a smart guy like you be living under a bridge? Just kidding.

Shame his internet connection doesn't go down........permanently coffee1.gif