Patong Police Unable To Handle Songkran

Pumuckel

Patong Police unable to handle the water throwing.

In spite of being regulated to certain areas, the water throwing is still going on in Patong.

As a farang driving to work on a motorbike everyday, this is very annoying, because I have to change all my cloths again when I arrive at work.

Why is the Patong Police not able to handle this situation?

Pumuckel

I've yet to brave the roads of phuket today, but last night we had songkran revellers around, i heard patong was the usual mayhem of water, senslessness and drunkenness... same same, but different.

The Local law enforcement seems to have relaxed the rules a little in view of the recent threats and songkran zoneing. Its seems they are going to be concentrateing on Main roads only, side streets, Soi's etc will be tolerated.

This is what i've heard, but the phuket grapevein has a habit of feeding you a line only to find that its totaly wrong later... so who knows... guess i need to hit the bike, head out onto the roads and find out for sure!

Maybe all those suicidal folk in Pattaya should consider ending it all on Nanai Road, Pratong on an old bike riding very fast whilst drunk....

But then Pattaya would lose its title as suicide capital....

Just a thought

Bash

they are using helicopters in Phuket to see whos breaking the law, just heard one going over the top of my house. banged my head trying to get under the desk - oh the nightmares never leave you. :o

Naa it is just 'Black Hawk Down' still running in the background mate, you know the one where the septics go in 'gung ho' again... hang on a minute thats all their conficts isn't it?

Bash

Just got back from a fantastic day... no real difference to last year except maybe a few less people around... cops didnt seem to bat an eyelid over the water throwing, in fact i was involved in drenching two myself :o All in all things seem ok, business as usual, I didnt get to Patong so i couldnt say, but the south of the island ran out of water at around 4pm, so i guess its Songkran as usual :D

Man, i got sun burnt... same as last year!

Gazette says police made 111 arrests for drink driving in Phuket over Songkran. So I take it police have breathalisers now? What's the situation like? Are they doing random breath tests as well as helmet and licence checks? And does anyone know what punishment is getting handed down for drink driving?

Coming back from Patong on Songkran and driving to Kathu, the police stopped me (as they do every day) and asked me for the first time if I had anything to drink. They were asking other as well. Well I actually had a few drinks (maybe one too many) and told him no. He winked at me and let me drive one. Didn't see any breathelisers but they did seem more tough on the Thai people.