Non O visa Question

Hope someone here can help me with a couple of questions I have.

I have read through alot of the forum but specifically what I am asking not reflected.

I am an American, 42 y.o.

Next month I want to apply for my Non-O (To visit as a spouse of a Thai nationality)

On the Royal Thai Consulate (LA) website it gives the walk in hours for apply so I got that.

My questions are as follows:

1. Do I need to furnish a two way ticket or one way ticket when I go into apply? After getting here I will be requesting an 1 year extension of stay based upon marriage to Thai National.

2. It states I have to have a letter from my spouse. ( A letter from the spouse verifying that the applicant and the spouse are still married and the purpose to visit Thailand.) Is there a template for this or do I just type something up? Also should it state that I will be applying for the extension?

3. After I get here, how soon should I go to the local immigration office to start the extension.

Appreciate any insight those here can give. Obviously i want this all to go as smooth and painless as possible.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

1. No tickets are required.

2. It is a simple letter requesting you be issued the visa. It could state your intention is to apply for an extension of stay.

3. You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days (45 at some offices) of the 90 day entry from the visa.

• Like 1

I assume you'll be applying for a 1 year extension of stay. A couple of points regarding (3.) just incase you're unaware.

3. If you are using the bank deposit method to prove income the money needs to be in a Thai account for a minimum of two months prior to the application date. Once the funds have been seasoned you can apply for the extension on or before the last day of your 90 day stay but, as said, no earlier than 30/45 days. The extension will start from the end of the 90 days regardless of when you apply so there is nothing lost by applying early.

• Like 1