....tourist visa...

hello.

i am from germany and stay in thailand on a tourist visas, i used to renew them in cambodia before..

now i stay in pai and thought about going to laos for the next renewal, but i found that the busses are quite expensive from here (2000 baht for a one way trip to vientiane), does anybody know a cheap and good connection for that purpose? is it possible to get a thai visa also in myanmar?

thanks a lot

I assume you are going to Vientiane to get a single entry tourist visa not just wanting to do a border hop for a new entry from an existing tourist visa.

You could probably travel to Chiang Mai and find a less costly bus from there to Nong Kai or.Udon Thai

You cannot use a international bus that goes to Vientiane unless you have Lao visa.

IIRC the overnight bus to from CM to Udon Thani is 666 baht, It drops you at Udon Central Festival from where you catch a minivan to the Nong Kai border, which is 50 baht. Get stamped out of Thailand and then there's a bus which will take you over the Friendship Bridge to the Laos border (about 10 minutes). Not sure, but I think this bus is 30 or 40 baht.

.. just to add, once you've got your Laos visa and gone through immigration, you can either get a tuk-tuk, share a taxi or take the Japanese bus into Vientiane. The journey is around 30 minutes. Bus is the cheapest option but if you are in a hurry to get to the consulate, take a tuk-tuk or taxi.

IIRC the overnight bus to from CM to Udon Thani is 666 baht, It drops you at Udon Central Festival from where you catch a minivan to the Nong Kai border, which is 50 baht. Get stamped out of Thailand and then there's a bus which will take you over the Friendship Bridge to the Laos border (about 10 minutes). Not sure, but I think this bus is 30 or 40 baht.

Depending on what time you arrive at the border....there is an awful mosquito problem....make sure you lather up with good DEET repellent....I was eaten alive at 6 AM waiting for the gates to open

.....ok, and how is the procedure to get a thai tourist visa in vientiane? what will it cost there and how long will it take to get get it? how are the room rates there for a simple and clean room and how much will the transportation be?

thanks again

.....ok, and how is the procedure to get a thai tourist visa in vientiane? what will it cost there and how long will it take to get get it? how are the room rates there for a simple and clean room and how much will the transportation be?

thanks again

Apply in morning before 11 AM (Day 1)

Pick up after 2 PM (Day 2)

Cost: 1000 baht

Cost of Lao Visa: 1500 baht

Rooms: anywhere from 400 to infinity per night....easy to find.