new document required for Non-O extension

At my first extension of my Non-Immigrant O visa by marriage after the Rajprasong bombing, the immigration official came up with a first-time-ever required document: a letter from the agent of our landlord stating that my wife and I, both identified by name, have been living in the place since what date along with a copy of the tabian baan of the agent himself. So this is not the tabian baan of the condo apartment that we rent, but the tabian baan of some executive of the condo management company. I was a little shocked although I expected things to tighten up somehow after Rajaprasong.

What would happen if the executive of the condo declined to provide such a document? I am guessing I would be SOL.

Edited by CaptHaddock

They have the right to ask for whatever documents they want to consider the application. If you can't provide what's asked for they could decline the application. You can appeal the decision but that would probably have a low chance of success. Worst case you would need to go outside Thailand for a new non 'O' visa.

• Like 1

Which immigration office?

Normally all that is needed is your rental agreement with copies of the owners house book and ID card. Some offices will also want a TM30 form.

Seems strange they would want something from the condo management.

Normally all that is needed is your rental agreement with copies of the owners house book and ID card. Some offices will also want a TM30 form.

Chaeng Wattana. This is my fourth renewal. I have always provided copies of the lease agreement and the owner's id card, but never the owner's tabian baan. They are asking for the tabian baan of the person who is representing the owner. Now, that might be the owner himself, but since we are in a condo the condo management normally represents the owner.

Sometimes they just come up with something unexpected.

I think the management should not have a problem doing it,

Some people have had problems showing the house book and ID card of the owner because they refused to supply them.

I can remember some 8 years ago reading a regulation/rule about certification from a Thai person who lived where you lived.

It may have been to get a residence letter to purchase my car.

I got it from the condo buildings Juristic person.

I think there are many regulations and rules like this that have lain dormant and will be re-activated and enforced as necessary.

That's why all advise on visa matters probably needs to be prefaced with - "Current practice at <deleted>. Immigration office is blah blah blah".

Anything at Immi will remain a fluid work in progress.

Edited by ubonjoe

I always take a letter from the condo office in when I go for a visa extension. Hit em hard with paperwork.