Police chiefs take test ride on roller coaster ahead of Children's Day

snoop1130

Police chiefs take test ride on roller coaster ahead of Children's Day
Coconuts Bangkok

rollercoaster2.jpg
Acting Metropolitan Police Chief Sanit Mahathaworn (left) and Deputy Commissioner-General of Royal Thai Police Pongsapat Pongcharoen (right) flashed the V sign and hoped for the best as the ride started. Photo: FM91

BANGKOK -- Ahead of Children's Day tomorrow, two cop chiefs led a test run of the roller coaster at Siam Park City as hundreds of children and parents are expected to turn out tomorrow.

Deputy Commissioner of Royal Thai Police Pongpat Pongcharoen and Commander of Metropolitan Police Sanit Mahathaworn visited Siam Park City today for a final inspection in order to ensure all rides are safe for children.

Pongpat also advised guardians to write down their phone number and address for their children as around 100 children get lost from their parents every year.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/08/police-chiefs-take-test-ride-roller-coaster-ahead-childrens-day

coconuts_logo.jpg
-- Coconuts Manila 2016-01-08

I am sure these 2 safety experts specialized in safety measures for rollercoaster knew exactly what to look for when they gave their inspection.

A look on their faces should be enough to decide what fears they faced when agreeing to this PR stunt. Unfortunately accidents never happen when you are looking for them. So lets just hope that someone from the park has done their maintenance regularly and has followed the guidelines for keeping this ride safe.

This reminds me of Mr Thaksin drinking tap water in BKK and saying it was OK. Later they found out he drank bottled water. whistling.gif

The other day i was in Khao Yai mandarin resort where is a waterpark for kids. There was a big slide and many kids went of it.

Kids in our group told me to try it, so much fun, so i did.

I went really really fast because i'm so tall and pushed my butt up to go faster (boys trick) but then i almost flew out over the railing in a corner. Very scary.

Guess it was not built for large farangs. facepalm.gif

Since then i don't trust thai attractions anymore.

I am sure these 2 safety experts specialized in safety measures for rollercoaster knew exactly what to look for when they gave their inspection.

A look on their faces should be enough to decide what fears they faced when agreeing to this PR stunt. Unfortunately accidents never happen when you are looking for them. So lets just hope that someone from the park has done their maintenance regularly and has followed the guidelines for keeping this ride safe.

If a policeman tests it it must be safe, i mean who wouldn't trust a Thai policeman? They know all about safety!

If a policeman tests it it must be safe, i mean who wouldn't trust a Thai policeman? They know all about safety!

I should imagine that before the two top rozzers agreed to climb on board they would have made sure it was safe

Would it not have been wiser to get qualified engineers to check the ride over before children start using it? I fail to see how two Police Chief's taking a ride on it proves that it is safe !

Well, so you didn't believe that cops marching in the streets holding signs saying "Thailand Safe for Touris" meant that Thailand is safe.

I should imagine that before the two top rozzers agreed to climb on board they would have made sure it was safe
and you are willing to trust your life with that?

and you are willing to trust your life with that?

Knowing JAG's posting history, I imagine he's still removing tongue from cheek. wink.png