Talisker Whisky

Seizetheday

I wouldn't touch it with yours! Someone once gave me a bottle. Now don't get me wrong --- I'm quite partial to the odd dram, but IMHO this "whisky" is putrid! It is distilled on the Isle of Skye and, presumably something to do with the peat, tastes like TCP. For those who have never heard of TCP, it is a local (able to be taken orally) anticeptic/anaesthetic. It is very good for the treatment of ailments such as mouth ulcers and sore gums/throats, best used as a gargle. I would be the first to sing its praises as a medical treatment, BUT, it tastes vile, and the taste/smell lingers long after one has used it.

I wouldn't touch it with yours! Someone once gave me a bottle. Now don't get me wrong --- I'm quite partial to the odd dram, but IMHO this "whisky" is putrid! It is distilled on the Isle of Skye and, presumably something to do with the peat, tastes like TCP. For those who have never heard of TCP, it is a local (able to be taken orally) anticeptic/anaesthetic. It is very good for the treatment of ailments such as mouth ulcers and sore gums/throats, best used as a gargle. I would be the first to sing its praises as a medical treatment, BUT, it tastes vile, and the taste/smell lingers long after one has used it.

I would imagine you like Red Label or Blend 285??

From your description of taste, you'd best keep away from Laphroaig too!

]

From your description of taste, you'd best keep away from Laphroaig too!

]

And 100 Pipers !

If you dont know anything about whisky better to not comment on a topic about it.

@OP unfortunately I dont know where to get Talisker, I always get it when I am abroad. Villa Market have quite some single malts available but didnt see Talisker but will check it out the next time when I am there again

If you don't like peaty whiskies then stay away from Ardbeg - the peatiest of them all. I rather like it.

In a previous life I was a member of the Scotch Whisky Society. We had access to literally hundreds of cask strength malts, every one slightly different, some wonderful and some, to be honest, not so good. It was an expensive hobby though and my liver thanked me when I gave it up.

I still like the occasional dram of single malt but it is pretty hard to get decent stuff at an affordable price in Thailand. I don't find that it goes that well with the climate here - you really need to be huddled round a peat fire with horizontal sleet hammering at the windows in order to appreciate a fine single malt whisky.

DM