SURVEY: Do you believe that the economic outlook for Thailand is better than last year?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you believe that the economic outlook for Thailand is better than last year?   

219 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No way. Look at the performance of the economy under past military governments. Not very good. China a big trading partner is going down fast. The US is headed for recession. In the US the big job increase reported for December was 95% an adjustment to the real very low figure. Commodities are heading down. Not good for rice and rubber.

My guess is a negative GDP growth. Might be a time to buy a long term put against the Thai market.

Why do you say the US is headed toward recession? What do you see that so many economists do not?

The Junta has so many world-class economic experts. How could any reasonable Thai or foreigner ever doubt their proclamations regarding the economic prosperity of Thailand?

Unless Naam says otherwise, of course. Where is Naam when we need him?

I went yesterday to one of these fancy trendy dessert restaurant. There was a big queue and I had to take a ticket and wait for 15 mn to get in. It is not a cheap place and I was thinking to myself the Thai economy is not as bad as some people may say if people can still afford to pay a couple of hundred Bahts for an ice cream or a piece of cake.

Then I looked at a table near us and there were 6 persons seated around the table sharing ONE ice cream (ok it was a big one) and taking advantage of the free drinks. Then I checked the other tables and the ratio was on average one dessert for 2 to 3 persons.

I lately found that eating out is not as enjoyable as it used to be, the quality is getting down and the price are getting up I guess to make up for lower patronage. Not a good sign.

Edited by JohnnyJazz