Korat Immigration Is Now Doing Yearly Visa Extensions

Does anyone know if I could use this office, living in Khon Kaen - or would they make me go to Nong Kai?

You can get a one year extension for a Non 'O' Supporting a spouse visa from Udon Immigration, this is open Monday and Friday and is located on the bottom floor of the AEK Hospital. I went there last week and they confirmed I could get the 1 year extension there assuming I had all the correct paperwork and 400,00 in a thai bank.

A little bit closer for you than Nong Kai.

Unless you already have made application for extension of stay using 400k in a Thai bank I don't believe the information you received last week was correct as that is no longer an option for new applicants. You must have family income of 40k per month to qualify for extension of stay now.

this sounds too good 2 b true!

what are the conditions and price of this one year visa.

are you saying this is available to under 50's, not marrid, not working

group?

that would be very nice thank you, then maybe chiang mai imagration

might follow?

Don't be silly. They can't give out visas like that, there is no such category. They are only issuing the same visas as any other office.

Does anyone know if I could use this office, living in Khon Kaen - or would they make me go to Nong Kai?

The Thai Embassy in The Hague (Holland), and the police in Khon Kaen, both told me that if you live in KK, Non Khai is the place to go!

You can go to Udon Thani or Nong Khai. Udon Thani is a sub office of Nong Khai and has been opened 2 days a week to help those living in Udon Thani OR where Udon Thani is nearer than Nong Khai.

Udon Thani has not always been open. In fact it was open at one time, then closed down and then re-opened again. It is possible that the Hague embassy and Khon Kaen Police either advised you when the Udon Thani office was not open OR they are not up to date. Even one of the Immigration Bureaus websites is telling people the Udon Thani office was closed down 2 years ago and they have not update their website to say it has been re-opened (for some time now for 2 days a week). Another site says it is open 3 days a week BUT that TOO is wrong.

The Udon Thani Office IS OPEN MONDAYS and FRIDAYS 9am to 3 PM.

Anyway, the bottom line is IF you live in Khon Kaen you CAN USE UDON THANI. I live in Khon Kaen City and I appled and got my Retirement Visa at the Udon Thani Office on the 19th Sept (just a month ago) and there was NO problem with me applyingf there instead of Nong Khai.

Regards

Dave

Without wanting to appear like a complete idiot, can I just ask if it is possible to extend a non-immigrant O whilst in Thailand? All the ingotmation I have got so far (from the Thai consulate in Hull UK, and from immigration in BKK) has said that I will need to go outside of Thailand to get one (possibly even back to the UK). What is the best/easiest way to get a new O or extend a current one? What hoops would I have to jump through?

It is possible to extend a non-immigrant O whilst in Thailand, all you need is 400,000 baht, wedding cert, and proof of address and fill in lots of forms at the immigration.... much easier to get an extention or new visa outside Thailand... Penang is where I got mine a couple of weeks ago....

Also possible to get a work permit whilst holding a non immigrant o visa

Without wanting to appear like a complete idiot, can I just ask if it is possible to extend a non-immigrant O whilst in Thailand? All the ingotmation I have got so far (from the Thai consulate in Hull UK, and from immigration in BKK) has said that I will need to go outside of Thailand to get one (possibly even back to the UK). What is the best/easiest way to get a new O or extend a current one? What hoops would I have to jump through?

It is possible to extend a non-immigrant O whilst in Thailand, all you need is 400,000 baht, wedding cert, and proof of address and fill in lots of forms at the immigration.... much easier to get an extention or new visa outside Thailand... Penang is where I got mine a couple of weeks ago....

Not true for new applicatns as the 400k is no longer an option. The new requirement is family income of 40k per month.

Not true for new applicatns as the 400k is no longer an option. The new requirement is family income of 40k per month.

Really need to get some solid information on this. I'm supporting my daughter and her mother and I don't have the 400k in the bank which is what is required as far as I know to extend the 3 month non O visa I got from Penang a month ago. You're saying that you don't need to have this 400k anymore and that you just need to prove that you're earning more than 40k a month? Either way I'm still in a fix. I'm earning just over 50K a month, but declaring it is just going to get me a visa to the lockup. I work for three very reputable schools on a part-time basis and just to let you know how reputable they are, non of them are prepared to give me a work permit. It's a dead end street and I might have to head back home with my daughter and hopefully..mum too.

I work for three very reputable schools on a part-time basis and just to let you know how reputable they are, non of them are prepared to give me a work permit.

Now’s the time to force your “reputable” employers to arrange a work permit for you.

---------------

Maestro

I don't know the answer to your question but would like to correspond on e-mail with an ex-pat living in Khon Kaen. I plan to visit there in early 2007 as I look for a place to relocate from the USA. I am retired - age 57. Also, might like to teach English - Second - language - for adults or kids. Any info out there?

I don't know the answer to your question but would like to correspond on e-mail with an ex-pat living in Khon Kaen. I plan to visit there in early 2007 as I look for a place to relocate from the USA. I am retired - age 57. Also, might like to teach English - Second - language - for adults or kids. Any info out there?

E-mail address for the me - the American future ex-pat looking to live in Thailand - Khon Kaen or other city - is //email removed - please use PM//

:D

sorry to be a wet blanket, had my wife check up on them last week before i went to SP. Yes they are ACCEPTING applications only, and doing the initial vetting, then it all gets sent to SP for grilling and grinding. I believe its the same in pattaya.

we are only talking of yearly marriage or retirement extensions to existing visas.

Khorat are simply not staffed to handle the full monty, but they are very pleasant and helpful. :o

Log on to www.khonkaen.com and have a look at the forum.

They don't have a one year visa period and a 30 day stamp is not a visa on arrival. What they do is extend your stay for a period of one year at a time. This is normally obtained from a non immigrant visa but can, with a 2,000 baht extra step, be from a converted tourist visa (with 21 days or more remaining) and for the last month Bangkok and maybe others have even allowed this conversion from an entry without visa (30 day) stamp. They are currently trying to make it as easy as possible for those with the qualifications to obtain extensions of stay regardless of what they may now be using.

Correct but I know for a fact that although not common knowledge immigration in Bangkok has been able to convert a 30 day without stamp to a non-b since the start of this year. I know because 2 of my friends came to visit me, got offered a job and didn't need to leave the country to obtain the non-b. I was amazed...... cos only 6 months before my wife had to go to Penang to get hers.

OliG

Edited by OliG

Cathyy, I was wondering if you could help. My contract is about to finish and I don't want to renew. I have vaild work pemit, which I know will no longer work howver I am here on a non-Immigrnat F which doesn't expre till May 2007. I am american under retiremnet aged. would like to tio then look for another job what are my options?