Thailand hostel business projected to grow 10% in 2016

webfact

Thailand Hostel Business Projected to Grow 10% in 2016
BY JACOB MASLOW

hotel-reception.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s hostel sector is expected to grow 10% in 2016 due to an increase in solo travelers from overseas. Deputy dean at College of Management at Mahidol University Burim Otakanon stated that there will be new developments in several of Thailand’s major tourist hubs in 2016.

Despite safety concerns and other negative factors, tourism has remained a bright spot for the Thai economy, maintaining growth in 2015.

Currently, there are more than 2,000 hostels on the market, and they account for about 12% of all total accommodations. Bangkok alone is home to 400 hostels.

One of the main advantages of hostels is that they allow guests to save money while also offering more experiences.

Full story: http://ethailand.com/business-news/thailand-hostel-business-projected-to-grow-10-in-2016/1275/

-- eThailand 2016-01-11

You can get a simply room for 500 baht, at these place. As long as the room, bathroom, bed are clean, I am fine. Most of the people who use, these places, have their own entertainment. They don't need 100 TV cables, in English, Arab, Germany, Chinese and Russian language. Fancy soaps, shampoos, etc. There is are place for them in every country, same as 5,000 baht plus rooms. Your choice.

Take a good look at the photo , thats no hostel reception its a hotel ,

Could anyone clarify the differences between a hotel, a hostel, a resort, a guesthouse or a home-stay? That is in Thailand.

As a hotel man myself I don't have the slightest idea.

Take a good look at the photo , thats no hostel reception its a hotel ,
Could anyone clarify the differences between a hotel, a hostel, a resort, a guesthouse or a home-stay? That is in Thailand.

As a hotel man myself I don't have the slightest idea.

Hotel - purpose built multi-storey lodging, private room, usually private bath

Hostel - usually shared rooms, shared bath , low budget

Resort- typically a hotel with spa and recreation facilities (but also may refer to rural motel that just has bungalows)

Guest house and home stay - usually a house or part of a house with guest rooms (however in Thailand this also covers small hotels that use B&B format)

Edited by phoenixdoglover