Pattaya Police Arrest French ATM scammers in Central Pattaya

webfact

Pattaya Police Arrest French ATM scammers in Central Pattaya

french-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Police Major General Ampon, the Provincial Police Commander, announced the arrest of two French Nationals on Monday afternoon, accused of bank card fraud.

Police arrested Mr. Youssef Diamane aged 34 and Mr. Rachid Zahoum aged 32 at the Boss Suites in Soi Honey Inn, Central Pattaya after they were followed from a nearby ATM where they were known to withdraw large amounts of cash on a daily basis.

This alerted staff at the SCB Bank who contacted the Police after some of their transactions were found to have been made using cards containing stolen bank account details. At their apartment 32 bank cards were seized along with a skimming device, Laptop and 7,000 Baht in cash.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220654/pattaya-police-arrest-french-atm-scammers-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-12

Seems that every "French" ATM skimmer has Arabic names. None seem to have traditional French names such as Claude, or Gregoire, etc. Just making an observation

And riding a bike, wearing a striped T-shirt and with a string of onions around his neck?

I think the old image of a 'National' have changed, along with the standard names.

But you have a point.

I thought the ATM machines in Thailand were all going to be replaced with Chip type rather than magnetic strip and hence more skim proof.

Get on with it......

They are not core French guy , but descendant of immigrants. They dammage the image of my county and i hate them for this.

Say they are French with north Africa culture. Usually leave in the subburbs of big cities in France and put the mess everywhere they go.

Just a plague for our country.

One migrates to a different location, but one is only an emigrant/immigrant if that location is another "country".

Anyone who arrived in France from Algeria before Algerian independence (1962) should not be classed as immigrants because:

"From 1848 until independence, France administered the whole Mediterranean region of Algeria as an integral part and département of the nation."

(Under the 4th Republic all Muslim Algerians became citizens.)

This applies today to the overseas departments (French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Réunion and Mayotte

With 2,691,000 inhabitants in 2013, the French overseas departments and territories account for 4.1% of the population of the French Republic.[17] They enjoy a corresponding representation in the two chambers of the French Parliament.

"As French citizens Guadeloupeans enjoy unrestricted right of abode in the metropole" Metropole = France in Europe.

This means that Algeria was not a colony of France, as was the case with the West African territories, it was France. Just as Northern Ireland is not a colony, it is the UK, and people from there are not classed as immigrants to England.

Thus the children of those Citizen Frenchmen from the Departement of Algeria are not the children of "immigrants", anymore than are the children of Citizen Frenchmen from the Departement of the Loire.

Vive Napoleon! a bas les Bourbons!

Please follow up with this and similar cases. Find out and post the details of who they sent the money to, what agency, what bank or financial institution. Let all the internet people get involved in helping to stop this.

I think you will find that they got all their gear and info through the internet, so that plan may not work out

Archived