Hopeless Case?

I haven't been to Pattaya yet but when I do I garuntee you I'll be making more than I am now.

And you know this, how? Maybe because your making nothin' now.

Timeshare '"touts" are generally an obnoxious, arrogant lot

Never met one that wasn't. They don't exist.

If 'the Horse' works in Spain, he will be doing so by virtue of his rights under the Treaty of Rome. A man exercising that right are allowed to have his wife and children (and I think his wife's children) with him. As far as I recall he does not have to be able to maintain or accommodate them. A Briton cannot exercise Treaty of Rome rights in Britain unless he has been exercising them elsewhere (I'm not sure how much working outside the EU counts.) The extension of the rights to some Britons in Britain was established in a case brought by somebody called Singh (so look up "Singh v."). It is a fact that Frenchmen's families have greater entry rights to the UK than Englishmen's families.

A possible route for him and his girlfriend to the UK is therefore:

1) Marry her.

2) Work and live together in Spain for 6 months under his Treaty of Rome rights. I'm not sure if having a temporary job would weaken his case.

3) Get a job in the UK.

I believe that once the two of them have been in the UK together for four years, with his working, his wife would not be deported simply because he lost his job. She would then also be able to stay if he died. (Wives do not get 'indefinite leave to remain' if they come in on the basis of Treaty of Rome rights - Home Office officials are cautioned to watch out for such attempts.)

It's always possible this route has been blocked since I read of it six years ago, so he should check before he planned his life around it.

A real job with real pay? Ha! OK let me tell you the pay scale in my company in the Canaries:

One qualified couple (credit card, homeowners, married or living together for more than 3 years, fulltime employed)... 90 Euros.

4 couples everyday for five days: Consistancy bonus of 480 Euros.

120 Euros paid on every 10 qualified couples.

If the couple deals, 180 Euros on a small deal up to 370 on a big one.

If you're good like myself you can average about 18 qualified couples a week.

Hmmm - the profile of your average holidaymaker in Pattaya is somewhat different to Spain !!!!

If they use this criteria for your pay, you will be broke within a month I suspect.

Also most Brits here are repeat visitors that shy away from package tours as they realise they can book a cheap flight and sort out their own tranfer and accomodaion for less than a package holiday and get the hotel of their choosing, whereas the package holidays tend to focus on the bigger 4&5 * hotels which aint so guest friendly (or if they are, they charge substantial joiner fee's ).

I have often thought that the Timeshare business in Pattaya was a lost cause - Phuket is more likely but Pattaya - too many cheap charlies and balloon chasers to even fit your criteria. Those with money tend to already have their own place or not to be stupid enough to even contemplate buying a timeshare.

Hope this helps

horse

you will have to learn to except refusal because as a lot of people here have been here before and they are'nt gonna fall for the timeshare bullshit.

a timeshare group got my mate in febuary, he'd never been here before and they promised him the free holiday crap, they were pretty pissed off when i found out where he was and took him out halfway through, i can,t believe they even tried getting heavy, ######s

becareful horse as said before pattaya is nothing like phuket or samui or spain for that matter.

The Time share ######s in Pattaya are a joke, standing on the Beach road, watching the Girls trying to get farangs interested, the English Guys look really nervous, crapping themselves in case the immigration Police bust them for working without a permit.

These jokers think that they are in Spain with the added bonus of Asian women. They are wrong, like i said before i went up to View Talay over 4 years ago, only cos the girl told me she would get 200 baht, and i would get some free beer. But when i am told that i am not gonna get off the project until i sign up, i get pissed right off. I ended up offering the guy out, of course he was just another tosser and acted all friendly as soon as he knew that i was not gonna budge.

Complete tossers, i hope Horse comes to Pattaya, that cant be his Pic in his avatar, if it is , i will willingly go to the big sell, just to take the piss out of him. :o

What I find great about this forum is that I get to know (at least from a safe distance) authentic specimens of all those people that Thailand is trying to get rid of and who I didn't know really exist.

Good lesson in anthropology.

What I find great about this forum is that I get to know (at least from a safe distance) authentic specimens of all those people that Thailand is trying to get rid of and who I didn't know really exist.

Good lesson in anthropology.

Agree.

And besides,usually they can't read or write, so we get only the cream of the crop.

Such as Horse,...

I have never been accosted in Pattaya by time share creeps (I don't visit there that much) but I once was in Tenerife (1980 I think). I also fell for the free beer bit (and ended up with one half pint of San Miguel - "if you don't buy, you must pay for another").

They were looking at Sterling 11,000.00 for life to own a single bedroom chalet for a fortnight per year. I didn't get an answer on whether it was my life or the chalet's. It didn't take a mathematician to work out that if all the shares were taken, the company was receiving upwards of 1/4 million Sterling for each unit and when I explained that at that time I could probably build the same for less than 20 grand, he went off sulking and never came near me again.

And, I never got another beer.

What a good waste of drinking time!

I have never been accosted in Pattaya by time share creeps (I don't visit there that much) but I once was in Tenerife (1980 I think). I also fell for the free beer bit (and ended up with one half pint of San Miguel - "if you don't buy, you must pay for another").

They were looking at Sterling 11,000.00 for life to own a single bedroom chalet for a fortnight per year. I didn't get an answer on whether it was my life or the chalet's. It didn't take a mathematician to work out that if all the shares were taken, the company was receiving upwards of 1/4 million Sterling for each unit and when I explained that at that time I could probably build the same for less than 20 grand, he went off sulking and never came near me again.

And, I never got another beer.

What a good waste of drinking time!

yorkies will do anything for a free beer, even talk to a time share creep. :o