Dog Friendly Guesthouse/hotel In Chiang Mai

farangkevin

Would the dog need to stay in the room with you?

This makes a big difference; I never have trouble finding a place that allows dogs, but of course we (and the dog) aren't fussy on where it spends the night.. It'll happily spend the night around the hotel garden, or keeping the night security guard company.

It seems mostly resort / bungalow type places allow dogs. In very urban areas (esp. Bangkok) it can be a bit trickier.

Sorry I don't have a fixed lead.. I live in Chiang Mai so have never actually stayed in Chiang Mai (town) in a hotel with a dog.

Edited by chanchao

Can anyone suggest a dog friendly guesthouse/hotel in Chiang Mai. Dog is small, house trained and no trouble.

Web links or a telephone number would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

May help if you could post a photo of you and the dog....

Guest house owners/managers may want to see the size.....

.... of you not the dog..... just joking...... might help though

Some people call a St. Bernard a little baby.....

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Dog is small (poodle size) and happily sleeps outside.

Can anyone suggest a dog friendly guesthouse/hotel in Chiang Mai. Dog is small, house trained and no trouble.

Thanks!

post-25547-1161048154_thumb.jpgDog is small (poodle size) and happily sleeps outside.

Thanks!

Ah that should be no problem at all then. I'd pick the hotel you plan to stay and then ask them, and mention that the dog can stay outside of your room. I guess a somewhat low-rise hotel is better.

What price range are you looking at? If around 1500 baht then try for example Tamarind Village. For lower budget accommodation try the www.travelfish.org site. For higher-end, you'd have to google for the phone number or own website of the hotel so you can contact them directly. But then of course make the actual booking where it's cheapest, which is mostly not direct from the hotel but on a site like precisionreservations.com .

Cheers,

Chanchao

Actually the hotels that are most likely to allow dogs are those where the owner also has (and likes) dogs.

Chanchao - true.

It's just that farangkevin's small dog could feel intimidated by strange dogs, esp. as they will be on their own territory and he will be a newcomer (if the dog sleeps outside).

There are also plenty of free-roaming local dogs that might be able to enter the property.

Edited by katnip

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

This is from a previous note on the Pets forum. Try this hotel...have not tried it myself but someone else mentioned it, suggest u call them and ask.

Good luck

www.comeonplace.com

Come On Place

15/14 Bumrungburi RD. ,Phrasingha

,Muang ,Chaing Mai ,Thailand 50200

E-mail : [email protected]

TEL:0-5327-8936 FAX: 0-5328-2541