Chop Chop

backstairs

Do you like trees? Sad news for you. The avenue of trees between Heroines Monument and Cherng Talay? Especially around Ceramic Kitchen. Systematically being chopped down. For road widening. New road. 2 lanes. So everyone can drive in the outside lane as usual.

Glorious trees. Dozens of them. Have a drive past them while you can. I am sure there will be none there next month.

Chopping few trees to widen the road is hardly a real issue?

We have plenty of trees in Phuket. Get away from the beaten track and go hiking in to the jungle.

I remember earlier thread about trimming the trees next to big Super Cheap. Currently those trees seems to be growing well.

For the last 10 days a guy with a chainsaw has been waking me up. He has been clearing the mountainside behind my house. Some of it was old unused rubber trees but they have gone beyond that clear up to the top of the ridge. Hundreds of trees felled. They have bulldozed/leveled one lot already. And with the land they have cleared they can and probably will do many more.

What does this family whose compound I reside in do for a living????? All taxi drivers!

Been in this house 4 years and it's time to move on.