Marrage To FLR

Hi my fiance is currently over in the UK on a fiance visa we are planning to get married soon, how long after getting married can i get her FLR realistically. Ive gone for a new job and am worried if im offered it i wont have enough time to to apply and get FLR before i leave my old job. As i beleave for the financial requirements i have to work for the same employer for 6 months prior to the application.

Thanks

She can, and should, apply for FLR as soon as the marriage has taken place (she must apply before her 6 month fiance visa expires).

Postal applications can take up to 3 months to be decided; occasionally longer. But it is the circumstances at the time of the application which count, so if you change jobs between her submitting the application and the decision being made this should not be a problem.

Even were you to change jobs before she applied, as long as both old and new job pay more than the required amount; no problem; see "5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK" in the financial appendix.

If you want to be sure, you can always cough up the extra £400 to use the premium service and get a same day decision.

Edited by 7by7