Tourism Festival kicks off today at Lumphini park

webfact

Tourism Festival kicks off today at Lumphini park

130111-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) today kick starts its biggest Thailand Tourism Festival (TTF) in a bid to highlight unique cultures and vibrant local fair from across the country at Lumphini Park in the heart of Bangkok.

TAT’s deputy director of the domestic division Mrs Sujitra Jongchansitt, said the event will feature unseen landmarks, cultures and ways of life, and indigenous food and craft from across Thailand.

She said tourists and travelers can come to find inspirations for their next trips to explore Thailand.

The landmark of five-day festival is a kiosk which imitates a northern palace called “Daraphirom Palace” in Chiang Mai province.

It was the royal residence of Princess Dara Rasmi, a consort of King Chulalongkorn of Siam. The imitated place is erected at the iconic Lumphini Park of Bangkok for the festival.

The northern zone also showcases five hand-woven fabrics from different parts of the Thai North as well as a stage for visitors to enjoy unique Lanna traditional performance with dancers from northern Phitsanulok province.

All under one single venue, the event, which takes place at the Lumphini Park for the second year, is a centre stage for a mix of Thai cultures and Thai ways of life from the North, South, East, Central, and Northeast.

Its three attractive zones present new travel routes in the “12 Hidden Gems” tourism campaign, villages of Thailand’s five major regions and best products from Bangkok and across the country.

She said this year’s event is expected to draw more than 600,000 visitors.

The festival will run from today until Sunday at 12.00 – 22.00 hrs with no entry fees.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tourism-festival-kicks-off-today-at-lumphini-park

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-13

It was amazing last year yet more tourist will visit Paragon mall in a day than this even will attract in a week [emoji780]I walked around last year amazed at how great this was and yet saw almost no tourist like are at Central World and all the malls [emoji15]

It was amazing last year yet more tourist will visit Paragon mall in a day than this even will attract in a week [emoji780]I walked around last year amazed at how great this was and yet saw almost no tourist like are at Central World and all the malls [emoji15]

Perhaps because I have seen plenty of ads for this in Thai, but this is the first I have seen in English.

BTS screens are promoting it in Thai .....too hard to make an English version at the same time, for all the foreign tourists packed into the skytrain ?

Most of things like this are in a convention center so having it outside is quite and amazing experience . It's almost like you are visiting the particular part of Thailand you are visiting in the different areas . You are right was very busy what I was saying was tourist missing it . What a great way to see every area of Thailand in one place and be able to taste the foods and buy the crafts . Again the park yields another great experience as most tourist race to the malls [emoji780]

If it's anything like last year's festival, it's well worth the super easy trek to the Silom MRT or Sala Daeng BTS station and a short walk through the park.

Edit: To be clear, it is geared toward internal tourists, but it's still a great afternoon.

Edited by impulse

They have a website inviting tourists to send in any inquiries. So I asked a simple question about the concerts, no answer a week later, hopeless.

So you expected the TAT to write english? giggle.gif

They want the Thai to travel in Thailand, they could also just lower the Baht and then they have no other option. Strong Baht promotes everything outside Thailand.

Good that farang don't have to pay a tenfoulded price this time...

re

Perhaps because I have seen plenty of ads for this in Thai, but this is the first I have seen in English.

here ya go smile.png .... all in english

given to me by the smiling little lovely at the front of this band

working their way down the street in patpong a few days ago !

dave2

post-42592-0-52223500-1452743957_thumb.j

post-42592-0-56825400-1452743979_thumb.j

post-42592-0-26430000-1452744162_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

They have a website inviting tourists to send in any inquiries. So I asked a simple question about the concerts, no answer a week later, hopeless.

So you expected the TAT to write english? giggle.gif

They want the Thai to travel in Thailand, they could also just lower the Baht and then they have no other option. Strong Baht promotes everything outside Thailand.

Why not the site was in English and the enquiry form also, probably a bit much to expect a proper reply. I already knew the answer anyway today Nong Poawalee tomorrow Ying Lee and Friday Got Jakapan

Why not the site was in English and the enquiry form also, probably a bit much to expect a proper reply. I already knew the answer anyway today Nong Poawalee tomorrow Ying Lee and Friday Got Jakapan

So you just thought that you'd waste their time and yours asking a question that you already knew the answer to just for the hell of it and then bang on about what idiots they are?

Thank goodness there's no alcohol allowed in the park. Ever. Not a recent development.

Allows for a great family outing with no fear of boozed up yayhoos showing off their beer muscles.

Still, I have seen folks sipping wine during the Sunday evening concerts, with nobody gasping or getting upset.

Not true. According to my math 10 x 0 = 0

What a ripoff, getting charged 10 times the Thai price.

Or maybe it's 100x.

The festival will run from today until Sunday at 12.00 – 22.00 hrs with no entry fees