ChiangRai gyms

likeke

Pimann Inn is not great but it is the best we have up here. Plenty of space and outside light unlike a couple of smaller options. It is only 150 baht for a day pass so try it out. If you are mainly into aerobic exercise you might look into outdoor activities like hiking, running or cycling. May as well take advantage of our beautiful natural environment since you won't be confined to the concrete jungle of Bangkok anymore.

For example I just came in from a 72 km bike ride and tomorrow or the next day I will try to make it into Pimann to work what doesn't get worked on the bike.

Edited by villagefarang

I agree with other posters here that Pimann Inn is a good option. It is not perfect, especially with equipment maintenance, but is more than adequate. The last time I checked the price for a 1 year subscription was 8,000 and for 2 years 12,000 which seems reasonable. They also have a good outdoor pool but it is a bit cold this time of the year.

I guess it depends on what you want. I find the gym at the Meridien small, dark and under equipped for my needs. The pool and hotel grounds are great though and the rooms are really nice.

Some of the hotels in Bangkok have amazing fitness centers and that is one of the few things about Bangkok which I really miss. We have a much better environment for outdoor exercise than Bangkok as well as a much smaller population base so unfortunately we are not yet able to support a really nice high end fitness club, in my opinion.

Edited by villagefarang

If you are walking and live around the clock tower you might want to check out Exclusive Fitness. The link is to their FaceBook page. It is close enough that you could go home to shower and would not find the parking and entrance too much of a problem, being on foot. Their equipment is pretty good but I don’t like walking up broken escalators, low ceilings, windows only on one side and less than ideal changing area and showers.

Edited by villagefarang