Building regulations

I believe it is 1m away from the boundary with no windows, and 2m with windows, that is what I was told when I built my kitchen extension ,however the head man said I could build it closer upon agreement with my neighbours ,which I did. Much has been discussed on this topic previously on this forum

I believe it is 1m away from the boundary with no windows, and 2m with windows, that is what I was told when I built my kitchen extension ,however the head man said I could build it closer upon agreement with my neighbours ,which I did. Much has been discussed on this topic previously on this forum

Half a metre from the fence for wall without openings (including upper floors). Two metres for walls with openings and building not over 12m high..

3m ? Tell your neighbor to have a beer and chill out...

Less than 1m would be a potential issue :)

3m clearance are for buildings exceeding 12m height and not higher than 23m - about 5 to 8 floors. ?

Note: the edge of balconies is considered the side of the building.

What about trees hanging over boundaries? Are there regulations to this?

Yes, he has a right to cut anything that is hanging over his property but only the part that overhangs, like the branches

As far as the locating the house trogers is correct and is usually covered in the drawings that are submitted to the Tessaban for the building permit and as far as I know that is the only thing that they come out and check before issuing it

And yes it is probably one of the few "rules" that are consistent in Thailand. Of course there are always exceptions for those who have "connections"

I did see a post on this subject in "ask the lawyer". You could try a quick search in that section if you need further confirmation but what's been posted already seems to be about right.

I found a bunch of related posts this way, thanks for the tip.