Six New Democracy Group activists face arrests

webfact

Six New Democracy Group activists face arrests

Y2Gcr7FmYarLhDwlSvtYUvQ2GdwkniHkuoY5or1P

BANGKOK: -- The Bangkok Military Court on Wednesday issued warrants for the arrest of six activists of the so-called New Democracy Group for defying a junta’s order banning political gathering of more than five people.

The arrest warrants stemmed from a request of the Thonburi railway police for the illegal political gathering of the six activists to demand an investigation into suspected corruption in the construction of the Rajabhakti park project in Hua Hin.

Facing police arrests are Siravich Serithiwat, alias Ja New, Ms Chonthicha Chaengraew, Ms Chanoknan Ruamsap, Mr Korakot Saengyenphan, Mr Abhisit Sapnapaphan and Mr Thanet Anantawong.

Earlier, five members of the group have reported themselves to Thonburi railway police leaving behind the six who have declined to show up before the police.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/six-new-democracy-group-activists-face-arrests

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-14

Illegal arrest warrants, using illegal laws made by an illegal government.

This and all the other suppression of freedoms since the coup is very bad for Thailand's standing in the world community.

bingo....

This and all the other suppression of freedoms since the coup is very bad for Thailand's standing in the world community.

Actually Thailand does not care what the world thinks about their government,Thailand seeks no other country's government to copy..Any reference to democracy is just a reference.The many governments that Thailand has had and will have in the future are following what they have always done and that is to make as much money for themselves quickly and be prepared to be replaced.

Actually Thailand does not care what the world thinks about their government,Thailand seeks no other country's government to copy..Any reference to democracy is just a reference.The many governments that Thailand has had and will have in the future are following what they have always done and that is to make as much money for themselves quickly and be prepared to be replaced.

Which is what makes democracy "movements" so important (and threatening for the "old guard", both military and civilian) throughout the world.

They tend to want to change the system, not the man (or group of men) in charge.

Edited by Enoon

Well, how about the rabble that protested outside the US embassy a few weeks back? No prosecution? Didn't think so.

All part of the sincere effort to reconcile the country I guess...coffee1.gif

One group were protesting against a foreigner criticizing the Les Majeste laws which (support them or not) are supposed to protect the Monarchy.

One group is political activists (directed by someone behind the scenes using students as the bait - from their own admission) trying to raise anti-Junta sentiment in a group of people who have shown us many times that they will use terrorism to get what they want.

Are you really unable to see the difference ?. Or can you see it but are quite happy to pretend you don't ? - in which case my signature line applies.

It shows how thin your arguments are when you have to drag up the same one again and again each time your own comrades do something new. Same with Suthep : his land deal has been used to counter dozens of dirty deeds by red-shirt politicians. No senior figure is clean here. It is all a question of degree. This 'why pick on us - everybody does it' argument is old and weak by now.

I doubt anyone in that group actually knows what 'democracy' means beyond an election.

Well, how about the rabble that protested outside the US embassy a few weeks back? No prosecution? Didn't think so.

One group were protesting against a foreigner criticizing the Les Majeste laws which (support them or not) are supposed to protect the Monarchy.

One group is political activists (directed by someone behind the scenes using students as the bait - from their own admission) trying to raise anti-Junta sentiment in a group of people who have shown us many times that they will use terrorism to get what they want.

Are you really unable to see the difference ?. Or can you see it but are quite happy to pretend you don't ? - in which case my signature line applies.

It shows how thin your arguments are when you have to drag up the same one again and again each time your own comrades do something new. Same with Suthep : his land deal has been used to counter dozens of dirty deeds by red-shirt politicians. No senior figure is clean here. It is all a question of degree. This 'why pick on us - everybody does it' argument is old and weak by now.

I doubt anyone in that group actually knows what 'democracy' means beyond an election.

Can you provide a link or something like this to support your writings?

With this same sentence you re trying to tell us that students are terrosits?

Come on EJ, you really need to read again your own signature and try to understand it, as it applies quite well to most of YOUR statements

One group were protesting against a foreigner criticizing the Les Majeste laws

No they are also political activists, especially the monk who led them, you must be blind if you don't see that.. We cannot link politics with the ones who are protected by this law, but we are all aware they put their hands in politics as well...

It shows how thin your arguments are when you have to drag up the same one again and again each time your own comrades do something new.

But this is the way you react on nearly each post you write, and i agree with you, the arguments are really thins

Hi mate! Based on your increasingly infrequent posts I was worried you had seen the light and finally realized that you've been wrong all this time.....but I should have known better.

"Are you really unable to see the difference ?. Or can you see it but are quite happy to pretend you don't ? - in which case my signature line applies."

So the law prohibiting gatherings of more than five people only apply to those who are against the junta, John? Is that how it is? Is this your idea of reconciliation, John? And you being the biggest hypocrite on the entire TV forum should really not accuse others of being one.

Case in point; the shameful amnesty the junta gave itself from all past, present and future crimes!

Isn't it the very definition of hypocricy to complain about the attempted amnesty by the PTP while condoning the junta's actual amnesty, John? Would really appreciate an answer here, mate!

Edited by MZurf

John, you of all people blaming other for regurgitating old arguments is richer than cheese cake.

Poor little John, his beloved junta are taking an absolute hammering at the moment on many, many fronts. Must be hard for you to find material for your posts these days.