Thailand’s foreign investment drops 78% under Prayut's military government

webfact

Thailand’s Foreign Investment Drops 78% under Prayuts Military Government

BANGKOK – Thailand’s Foreign investment plummeted last year, official data showed, the latest sign that the kingdom’s once-vibrant economy continues to falter under prolonged military rule.

Total investment applied for by foreign companies between January and November 2015 plunged 78 per cent from a year earlier to 93.8 billion baht (S$3.71 billion), according to figures from Thailand’s state-run Board of Investment (BoI) sent to AFP late Tuesday.

The figures will do little to cheer junta leader Prayut Chan-o-cha, who seized power in a May 2014 coup vowing to restore stability but who has struggled to kickstart the country’s lacklustre economy.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailands-foreign-investment-drops-78-under-prayuts-military-government.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-01-14

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign Investment in Thailand Plunges 78% in 2015 to 93.8 Billion Baht
BY JACOB MASLOW

BANGKOK: -- Official data released late on Tuesday indicates that foreign investment in Thailand plummeted 78% between the months of January and November 2015, down to 93.8 billion baht. The data is provided by the Board of Investment. The news is the latest blow for the military government that continues to falter since the coup took place.

High household debt, lower consumer confidence and slowing exports are causing Thailand’s economy to slow down majorly.

Thailand’s neighbors, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia have all seen their economies remain stable in recent years, but Thailand continues to struggle. Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha stated that the major drop in investment comes from Japan, which has historically been the largest foreign investor in Thailand. Japan’s investments dropped by 81% and 2015.

Full story: http://ethailand.com/business-news/foreign-investment-in-thailand-plunges-78-in-2015-to-93-8-billion-baht/1364/

-- eThailand 2016-01-14

The sooner Prayut and the military realise they are, and always have been Thailands biggest problem and stop interfering in politics, for which they have no ability, skill or knowledge, the better.

What a post. I suggest you and everybody who likes this post start listening to.:

Bad boys, whatcha want

Watcha want, whatcha gonna do?

When sheriff John Brown come for you

Tell me whatcha wanna do, whatcha gonna do?

Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do?

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

The sooner Prayut and the military realise they are, and always have been Thailands biggest problem and stop interfering in politics, for which they have no ability, skill or knowledge, the better.

What a post. I suggest you and everybody who likes this post start listening to.:

Bad boys, whatcha want

Huh?

OK OK Right, who's gunna get it now? don't the press know by now I have 99.3% everyone in the universe loves me!!!!

Who's going for "Attitude adjustment" this time, Bloody Thaksin he did this, it's all his fault, no no wait a sec,,, it's all the falang, no Thai could do such a thing, ooop's I got it now, I will use my sooopa dooopa powers article 44 and have you all shot, then arrested then in for attitude adjustment, and and and then something more when I can think of something more,,,,,,,blink.png

Bad boys, whatcha want

Pointed and pertinent, says so much about the current atmosphere both on the forum and nationally.

Although I agree with this statement I also agree that the politicians are not a good mix for this country as well

Foreign investments in Vietnam = UP.

Foreign investments in Lao = Up

Foreign investments in Myanmar = Way Up

Foreign investments in Philippines = Up.

Foreign investments in Indonesia = Up.

Foreign investments in Thailand = Way Down and dropping steadily.

Something must be wrong with the news source, because we have heard it all the time, foreign investors now understand and the Japanes are eager to increase their investments in Thailand.

I guess the latter is increase after they have bottomed out, which we haven't reached yet.