Anonymous releases court data as Thai police vow to catch hackers

webfact

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one main question. If the men were sentenced guilty, why is 'anonymous' upset with the outcome? Were these men framed for someone else who committed the crime?

A lot of people believe that to be so.

Myself included.

Edited by soc

The Thai police should make an announcement that DNA found on their computers matches Hacker Unanimous and soon they will make an arrest as soon as they trace it to another country. The main thing is their logic. cheesy.gif

Only make sure it is not used up this time. w00t.gif

Release the so-called guilty Burmese and go after the Koh Tao mafia ...until then expect more protests and attacks of all kinds..your corruption has been your undoing..you have no moral high ground to stand on. Don't flaunt your pathetic laws in the faces of those who effort at exposing you. Laws used for you to hide behind and defend a system meant to benefit the few...

They don't care. And those that do know there's nothing they can do about the system. The fish stinks from the head down. End of.

That's a cop-out and I care along with many others who are sick and tired of being sick and tired. All corruption and evils will cease in this world along with those that support. It is time for a REAL change and it is happening, slowly but surely. The mainstream media will not report these changes because they still own and filter-out anything that is taking place that supports their demise...exposing all these criminals to the light is the first step in the progress towards a world that longs for its natural-pristine state. There is a growing number who want just that and are actually doing something about it...as a collective they no longer have power or control. The stratagem of divide and conquer is no longer effective...

I have one main question. If the men were sentenced guilty, why is 'anonymous' upset with the outcome? Were these men framed for someone else who committed the crime?

Edit. Not rumpelstiltskin. Who's the guy that went to sleep for like tsn years? Hahaha Edited by taony

I'd be interested to know how this works here if anyone knows.

1. Thai police ID IP address overseas - Common knowledge to be able to Id the country or even the city of the IP address but not the name of the person or their address.

2. To my knowledge only the IP service provider can divulge the actual name and address of the person IF they have broken the law in the country of the IP service provider or international law (Where extradition treaty exists).

Criticising Thai police is not a breach of international law or law in most countries so therefore they have no way of finding out who the hackers are.

Does that sound correct or have I missed something?

You do understand masking IP addresses via proxy right?

Rest assured, whatever IP addresses the Thai Police think they have, are just some random IP addresses generated by Proxy servers to hide where the real source IP address is. But let the Thai police go on a wild goose chase.

Thai police thinking then can catch and prosecute Anonymous is laughable.

Ummm.... you're not showing much of an understanding of proxy severs yourself. It's impossible to generate random IP addresses.

True they arent random but still cant be traced ... just route the traffic for 2 hops through a local network with rfc1597 adresses and after you route them back into the internet its IMPOSSIBLE to find out where it did com from unless you get acces to that network and their routers and they did stupidly have logging on ! All anybody can do is trace it to that network ... because rfc1597 adresses get replaced the moment they leave the network. Only thing they can get you then if the network you route through is compromised OR your client isnt set up good and can be made to do a direct connect ( thats how they normally do get the guys that run illegal servers hiden but that often takes years to find them ) but that also only works if you have the time to go after them while there is still a connection. i am pretty sure they did clean up after they got what they wanted out and did only talk AFTER they did clean out the network they hacked.

I have been asking to police to help me and find the car owner address that hit my car in a parking lot

and run away, that's was 2 weeks ago and nothing done, good luck with finding some guys hunching

over keyboards in some dark rooms that could be anywhere in the world...

This is an artist's impression of one of the suspects:

post-207362-0-64287500-1452871724_thumb.

1. Thai police ID IP address overseas - Common knowledge to be able to Id the country or even the city of the IP address but not the name of the person or their address.

2. To my knowledge only the IP service provider can divulge the actual name and address of the person IF they have broken the law in the country of the IP service provider or international law (Where extradition treaty exists).

Criticising Thai police is not a breach of international law or law in most countries so therefore they have no way of finding out who the hackers are.

Rest assured, whatever IP addresses the Thai Police think they have, are just some random IP addresses generated by Proxy servers to hide where the real source IP address is. But let the Thai police go on a wild goose chase.

Ummm.... you're not showing much of an understanding of proxy severs yourself. It's impossible to generate random IP addresses.

Your right I think the real question I want to know is:

I post something from overseas that is a breach of law in Thailand but not in my home country where my ISP provider resides. Does anyone in Thailand have any hope in hell of finding out who I am and where I live just from my IP address?

I post something from overseas that is a breach of law in Thailand but not in my home country where my ISP provider resides. Does anyone in Thailand have any hope in hell of finding out who I am and where I live just from my IP address?

short answer - no

Be aware that forums have links to facebook, they also provide apps on your smartphone, your smartphone apps have permissions that you grant when you install them, if you access forums using a smartphone app or login with facebook or google or link anything between such apps and forums - you are unknowingly connecting all the dots making it easy to identify you - then there are cookies, I won't even go there

keep the feet for dancing

If your ISP was provided with the date, time and IP address then they would know what subscriber was using it at that time.

In most western countries a court order would be required to get the ISP to hand over that information and that would be very unlikely if you hadn't committed a criminal act in the eyes of that court.

The stupid Thai police will no doubt be scouring this forum in desperation and hoping they can snag someone in-country they can make into their habitual unfounded scapegoat. That's about as good as they can do.

Thailand: way out of its depth in the 21st Century.

Plunged deaply into the pit of corruption at every level is a hard thing to surface from wai2.gif

do you really think hackers like Anonymous use a internet connection that is associated with them in any way?

they pay cash for their hardware. there is nothing on that machine to link them to any other internet activity, because that computer is used for one thing. running the attack. no email. no facebook. no nothing.

and as for this being hard to do, if you sent a email to the same Thai courts, with a subject line that said (in Thai):

Lucky lotto numbers or free skin whitening cream, someone would click on the attachment called:

luckynumbers.exe

and what the Thais don't understand is there is MAYBE Anonymous code running on the Thai courts machines right now. :)

so trace those IP addresses, no doubt a coffee shop with free wifi and the password on the wall and a guy in a car parked around the corner.

has anyone on this forum done any hacking?

anyone read 2600 magazine?

anyone ever do old school war dialing? war driving? or social engineering?

monitored a networks traffic and collect packets? not your network.

watched someones POP account log in and send a user name and password before SSL?

read the emails of every person in your company?

monitored cordless phone calls? cellphone calls? intercepted pager traffic?

monitored Inmarsat satellite data and emails?

or something no brainers like scan wifi networks for users. good chance you will learn the name of the person sitting next to you using their device.

do you really think hackers like Anonymous use a internet connection that is associated with them in any way?

they pay cash for their hardware. there is nothing on that machine to link them to any other internet activity, because that computer is used for one thing. running the attack. no email. no facebook. no nothing.

and as for this being hard to do, if you sent a email to the same Thai courts, with a subject line that said (in Thai):

Lucky lotto numbers or free skin whitening cream, someone would click on the attachment called:

luckynumbers.exe

and what the Thais don't understand is there is MAYBE Anonymous code running on the Thai courts machines right now. smile.png

so trace those IP addresses, no doubt a coffee shop with free wifi and the password on the wall and a guy in a car parked around the corner.

has anyone on this forum done any hacking?

anyone read 2600 magazine?

anyone ever do old school war dialing? war driving? or social engineering?

monitored a networks traffic and collect packets? not your network.

watched someones POP account log in and send a user name and password before SSL?

read the emails of every person in your company?

monitored cordless phone calls? cellphone calls? intercepted pager traffic?

monitored Inmarsat satellite data and emails?

or something no brainers like scan wifi networks for users. good chance you will learn the name of the person sitting next to you using their device.

they will be using TOR, the IP addresses will be of no use at all