a good E.P school

kptravel

Hi,

I have a friend who wishes to return to Thailand to live ,who has 2 girls who are half Thai/Swedish.

They are 9 & 12 years old.

Can anybody recommend a reasonably priced school which has a competent English Programme

as a part of their curriculum?

Anywhere along the bts/mrt route would be fine.

Thanks for any help offered.

Nope. Thai publics huh? Visit the school, check that all the teachers are from US, Canada or UK. Then ask the school for their degrees. Speak with the teachers. No one will have a license sure.

EP Programs are not expensive, but not chump change. I think you have every right to verify this.

At the prices they charge, look to some low cost int'l schools as well.

Edited by Mencken

Sacred Heart Convent, Bangkok Christian or Assumption St Louis/ Bangrak...EP programs can be almost as expensive as some of the cheaper International Schools. Check out RC International school Soi Ruam ruddee or Garden International School near Nang Linchi, Sathorn....EP schools may have teachers who are only TEFL qualified..RC and Garden have fully qualified teachers with a lot of experience and a full UK Curriculum..EP programs are part of the Thai system and so the kids will be indoctrinated in the Thai way...good luck...PS those EP schools may require entrance exams.Also the kids are all Thai and speak Thai 95% of the time....

Satriwithaya is one of the best and is an all girls school, I have 2 friends who send their children there and the

children have a very good standard of English, there is an entrance exam which is English, Maths and Science.

The Maths and Science can be taken in English or Thai.

St Francis Xavier Convent is also another good one.

Someone else said Assumption and I would agree with that.

British Columbia is quite a cheap International school and has good quality teachers.