Non-immigrant O at Thai Consulate in Perth

I renewed my non-immigrant O visa at the consulate in Perth just after the New Year break. The process takes 3 working days following the day you submit your papers. So if you apply Monday, your visa is ready for pickup on Thursday at 1.30pm and you can travel from Thursday late afternoon or evening. The process is straightforward and the documents required if you are applying to live with a spouse in Thailand are as below (also attached). The cost for the multiple-entry O visa is AUD225.

2015 Royal Thai Consulate Perth

Non Immigrant O Visa Requirements (SPOUSE / FAMILY VISIT)

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VISAS

1. An original and a copy of passport/travel document (ID Page) with validity not less

than 6 months upon arrival in Thailand (or 18 months validity for 12 month visas)

2. A copy of airline ticket (E-Ticket) confirming date of entry and departure with passenger details. If there is a one way ticket or travel exceeds the visa period, a statement from traveller outlining travel plans in Thailand is required. The statement must give reason for one way ticket or why travel exceeds visa period, and confirm that the applicant understands the conditions of the visa.

3. A recent Australian passport size photo (3.5x4.5cm) with white background taken within last 6 months without wearing glasses or headgear (photocopy not accepted)

4. If you do not hold an Australian/New Zealand Passport, please provide a copy of your VEVO (See: https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Visa)

5. Visa fee in Cash, Money order or Bank Cheque payable to Royal Thai Consulate Perth

(Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.)

SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR NON IMMIGRANT O VISAS

1. A copy of proof of relationship between applicant and spouse/family member i.e. Marriage Certificate and Registration or Birth Certificate and

2. An original letter from spouse/family member in Thailand verifying current status of relationship and support for applicant's application and

3. A copy of Change of Name Registration if applicable and

If spouse/family member is a Thai national:

1. A copy of his/her Thai National Identification Card and Thai Passport and

2. A copy of his/her Thai House Registration

(All copies must be certified in wet ink by spouse/family member, translated documents NOT accepted)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Dibbler

I see a very recent post.

Having been through this before in Lao & Canberra (Who by the way dont issue multi o for marriage Unless having money & police clearance ), Found this out when they sent passport back with 3 mth single entry & my change in cash after paying for M/E

Just looked at Perth thai Consulate web site & to me they require you to send Form B to Canberra who only do the " above "

So the ? would be do Perth Take mail applications for multi O Visas based on Marriage / Spouse

Am in the process of searching for correct answer

Hope you can shed some light or could others help

Here is a copy of a post I did in another topic where you posted. Is your home country one of those that has to complete form B?

You would fill out the Perth consulates form A that you can download on this page from their website. http://www.thaiconsu...com/?page_id=11

I suggest you contact them about what is needed to get the visa.

Form B is only for those from certain countries listed here: http://www.thaiconsu...es_09022016.pdf

Thanks for your post Dibbler (and Ubonjoe). I am in Thailand 3 or 4 times every year visiting wife and family. She visits here in between. Our understanding has always been I would move to Thailand full-time. Recently made redundant from my last place of employ due to the downturn in the Mining and Transport industries. Now I am currently researching the Non-O spousal path myself. I am currently resident in Perth. Thai Wife of 4 years. She is in Yasothon area.

I still need to work and I have some opportunities and contacts in Thailand but nothing definite until I can enter the country long term.

Can you or Ubonjoe advise if I can get a Non-O (spousal/family)outside of Thailand. I have a feeling I need to get a 60 or 90 day visa to enter Thailand first then apply in Bangkok for the Non-O.

Thanks for your post Dibbler (and Ubonjoe). I am in Thailand 3 or 4 times every year visiting wife and family. She visits here in between. Our understanding has always been I would move to Thailand full-time. Recently made redundant from my last place of employ due to the downturn in the Mining and Transport industries. Now I am currently researching the Non-O spousal path myself. I am currently resident in Perth. Thai Wife of 4 years. She is in Yasothon area.

I still need to work and I have some opportunities and contacts in Thailand but nothing definite until I can enter the country long term.

Can you or Ubonjoe advise if I can get a Non-O (spousal/family)outside of Thailand. I have a feeling I need to get a 60 or 90 day visa to enter Thailand first then apply in Bangkok for the Non-O.

You will almost certainly be able to obtain a multi-entry non "O" visa based on marriage from Australia. You will need copies of the marriage certificate, your wife's ID and her Tabian Baan.

You should telephone the Perth consulate to inquire about their precise requirements.

You would need a single entry non-o visa if you want to apply for a one year extension of stay (not a visa) here which requires 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

You could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Perth that would allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

You will almost certainly be able to obtain a multi-entry non "O" visa based on marriage from Australia. You will need copies of the marriage certificate, your wife's ID and her Tabian Baan.

You should telephone the Perth consulate to inquire about their precise requirements.

Thanks Sunnyjim, I will touch base with them and confirm their requirements.

You would need a single entry non-o visa if you want to apply for a one year extension of stay (not a visa) here which requires 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

You could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Perth that would allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

Thanks Ubonjoe, I thought as much but in retrospect I omitted to clarify one point in my question. Although we have been married 4 years in a Civil ceremony in Yaso, we have not registered at the Amphur. My wife was married to a Thai chap over 28 years ago. They registered that marriage in Bangkok. He went to work one day and never came home again. That was after 3 days of marriage. She later married another Thai chap in a civil ceremony but never bothered to register as often the case in Thailand. Consequently no issue arose at that time. They split 10 years ago. It was only after we married when we tried to register the marriage at Chaeng Wattana?in Bangkok that the original record came to light. My wife was speechless, she had never realised the original registration was still there. Anyway a lot of run around with lawyers and stuff too verbose to go into here but the official divorce will be stamped on 1st of March. I assume I need to be present to register our marriage at the Amphur before I am eligible to apply for the Non-O application. Sorry if my info in the original post was misleading.

Can I add that I have been reading Thai Visa Forum for many years.

I have noted many regular posters in that time.

Many points of view positive and negative.

Many happy and many disgruntled people. It takes all types of people to make the world go round.

One thing I have come to respect and rely upon is the quality information and non judgmental posts from Ubonjoe - Thanks for your input as always.

Thanks Ubonjoe, I thought as much but in retrospect I omitted to clarify one point in my question. Although we have been married 4 years in a Civil ceremony in Yaso, we have not registered at the Amphur. My wife was married to a Thai chap over 28 years ago. They registered that marriage in Bangkok. He went to work one day and never came home again. That was after 3 days of marriage. She later married another Thai chap in a civil ceremony but never bothered to register as often the case in Thailand. Consequently no issue arose at that time. They split 10 years ago. It was only after we married when we tried to register the marriage at Chaeng Wattana?in Bangkok that the original record came to light. My wife was speechless, she had never realised the original registration was still there. Anyway a lot of run around with lawyers and stuff too verbose to go into here but the official divorce will be stamped on 1st of March. I assume I need to be present to register our marriage at the Amphur before I am eligible to apply for the Non-O application. Sorry if my info in the original post was misleading.

Can I add that I have been reading Thai Visa Forum for many years.

I have noted many regular posters in that time.

Many points of view positive and negative.

Many happy and many disgruntled people. It takes all types of people to make the world go round.

One thing I have come to respect and rely upon is the quality information and non judgmental posts from Ubonjoe - Thanks for your input as always.

You will need to be present to register your marriage. In order to do that you will need to do a affirmation of permit to marry at the Australian embassy. Then the affirmation has to be be translated to Thai and certified by the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

As soon as you you have your marriage certificate you could go to Savannakhet and get a non-o visa. A single entry non-o visa would be needed to a apply for the extension of stay. You could also get multiple entry non-o visa if you don't want to apply for the extension.

Thanks guy, I spoke to the Perth Consulate this morning and mostly verified what you told me. They are a bit vague in info regarding applying to the Non-O in Thailand instead of Perth. I have checked on the Siam Legal info site and they talk about doing it from within Thailand so the I's have it. I will get myself over there first then start the ball rolling on the Non-O with 12 month extension. I live only 40km south of Mukdahan so Savanahket would be my ideal destination to for out of country Embassy applications or stamps. If I run into anything that varies from you council through this experience I will try to add it to this thread for general knowledge.

Thanks to everybody for their help. Best regards

Thanks guy, I spoke to the Perth Consulate this morning and mostly verified what you told me. They are a bit vague in info regarding applying to the Non-O in Thailand instead of Perth. I have checked on the Siam Legal info site and they talk about doing it from within Thailand so the I's have it. I will get myself over there first then start the ball rolling on the Non-O with 12 month extension. I live only 40km south of Mukdahan so Savanahket would be my ideal destination to for out of country Embassy applications or stamps. If I run into anything that varies from you council through this experience I will try to add it to this thread for general knowledge.

You will need the non-o visa before you can apply for a one year extension at immigration. Only Bangkok immigration can do a non immigrant visa and it takes 2 trips to get it., Best to go to Savannakhet for a single entry non-o.

You will need the non-o visa before you can apply for a one year extension at immigration. Only Bangkok immigration can do a non immigrant visa and it takes 2 trips to get it., Best to go to Savannakhet for a single entry non-o.

Okay so let me run through that again: -

- Enter Thailand on Tourist Multiple entry visa which gives me 60 days . If I cross a land border before the 60 days I can use a second entry for a further period of stay?

- Process and register Thai marriage

- Go to Savannakhet to get minimum of Single entry Non "O" 90 day visa. (reason would be visiting Spouse/Family)

- Need to open Thai Bank account 400k deposited for at least 2 months or proof of 40k income per month. (I have read I need a Non imm visa before I can open a bank acc).

- Apply in Bangkok for 12 month extension by reason of marriage.

Thanks for your patience guys, I know it probably seems simple stuff to you who have probably done it so many times before.

Okay so let me run through that again: -

- Enter Thailand on Tourist Multiple entry visa which gives me 60 days . If I cross a land border before the 60 days I can use a second entry for a further period of stay?

- Process and register Thai marriage

- Go to Savannakhet to get minimum of Single entry Non "O" 90 day visa. (reason would be visiting Spouse/Family)

- Need to open Thai Bank account 400k deposited for at least 2 months or proof of 40k income per month. (I have read I need a Non imm visa before I can open a bank acc).

- Apply in Bangkok for 12 month extension by reason of marriage.

Thanks for your patience guys, I know it probably seems simple stuff to you who have probably done it so many times before.

You can open a bank account with any visa. You just have to try different banks and branches. Once married your wife can help with opening the account by being your reference.

You will apply for the extension at your local immigration office not Bangkok unless that is where you are living.