Finding a place to stay for 5 months in Bangkok

meer93

Hey guys, will be travelling to Bangkok mid february, and looking to stay till about mid July. I was recently in Chiang Mai and stayed at a monthly rental hotel which I really liked "CM Prestige Hotel" and it was dirt cheap (20K baht). If there is something similar to that in Bangkok please let me know. Otherwise will likely rent a nice condo out, are there any specific websites that I should be digging through? I was looking through airbnb but it looks like most of the places are overpriced, since it's mostly short term stays. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you could be a little more specific about what area of Bangkok interests you and what what amenities you would want in your accommodation.

If you want to be in the heart of the action, The Omni condominium on Sukhumvit soi-4 (Nana) has monthly units under B20,000.

I don't really care about the location as long as it is in a safe place to be honest.. I'd like something that has a pretty nice gym, and a little more luxurious/bigger than the average condo size in Bangkok. Thanks for your help.

Perhaps you could be a little more specific about what area of Bangkok interests you and what what amenities you would want in your accommodation.

If you want to be in the heart of the action, The Omni condominium on Sukhumvit soi-4 (Nana) has monthly units under B20,000.

The Omni is filthy and full of cockroaches. Even the pool and gym are disgusting. That building should have been knocked down 15 years ago. Full of people of the Al-Qaeda persuasion, who are fond of swimming in the pool fully clothed, and I wouldn't say it's "safe" either.

Edited by Thainess

The Omni is filthy and full of cockroaches. Even the pool and gym are disgusting. That building should have been knocked down 15 years ago. Full of people of the Al-Qaeda persuasion, who are fond of swimming in the pool fully clothed, and I wouldn't say it's "safe" either.

I have a friend who stays there for 3 months of every year. He uses the pool daily. I just called him and asked, "Ever seen any Muzzies swimming fully clothed in the Omni pool?" He hadn't. Muslim women often wear t-shirts in the pool...just like Thais do.

Cockroach infestation has never been a problem. Like any building in Bangkok, insects do sometimes appear. When they do, a call to management and the exterminator is there by the next day.

Yes: it is most definitely a cosmopolitan building with many nationalities staying there. My friend is not the most tolerant of people yet he claims to have never had a problem with anybody else there.

I have a friend who stays there for 3 months of every year. He uses the pool daily. I just called him and asked, "Ever seen any Muzzies swimming fully clothed in the Omni pool?" He hadn't. Muslim women often wear t-shirts in the pool...just like Thais do.

Cockroach infestation has never been a problem. Like any building in Bangkok, insects do sometimes appear. When they do, a call to management and the exterminator is there by the next day.

Yes: it is most definitely a cosmopolitan building with many nationalities staying there. My friend is not the most tolerant of people yet he claims to have never had a problem with anybody else there.

The Omni is a large condo/hotel complex. There are a variety of different rental companies who control units there....some of the units have been very nicely upgraded by their owners and some have not.

I have stayed there many times and have gotten good units....yes there are certain times of the year..usually around august... with a lot of mid east customers at the Omni just like at many other places in lower suk area....never really bothered me. I usually book via this site:

http://bangkokomni.com/

is the omni a monthly rental place? I'm really indecisive and have decided that I want to stay in Bangkok for just a month (might extend the stay), and then travel to other cities in Thailand. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel that does monthly rentals? Budget is probably like 45K including electricity.

• 3 weeks later...

Most apartment are 1Yr. min. contract. Check out here, very good value City Condo Sukhumvit 101/1, 600Mtr. to Punnawithi or Udomsuk BTS station, apx. 5-6 stations from Nana Plaza. Security, key card, swimming pool & Gym, Condo's mini-van service, close to food-court & etc. convenience, clean & quiet. I've heard some expat staying here on short term, you might want to contact her below for your option.

Prop.Management:

Anonglak Songprakone (Ung)

084 897 5522

FYI,

Adison T.