Best Alaskan King Crab Seafood Buffet?

TramsRepus

Sorry, there isn't one.

You can get bits and bobs in a few restaurants and fine dining establishments, but if you're looking for Alaskan king crab of any quality, you're in the wrong city (and country)!

Singapore is good though. (Even then I doubt it's the real McCoy).

Edited by Woody1

Good question.

As far as I know the Amari still has Alaskan King crab for Sunday brunch. The Royal Cliff on Saturday evening may have it. Apart from that I dont know of any others that have it, and I've tried most of them.

I see that the ex-Montien (now the Imperial) has started doing its seafood Saturday evening buffet again (they stopped doing it when it changed name back in May 2015), but I havent been yet so I dont know what it's like.

Many places in Bangkok have it, though that doesnt help.

I love Bangkok for the great value on or near Sukhumvit for Alaskan Seafood Buffet. I use Eatigo and have enjoyed my last two visits for 700 & 1100 baht. Eatigo app has many listed up to you.

In Pattaya, my first Visit to Siam @Siam was only 555 baht last year and I was in disbelief and was so happy to eat beautiful Alaskan Crab legs. This year the now run the buffet Daily from 6 pm, and it's another 120 baht more expensive. Unfortunately the crab is seldom served as I have been back twice since and it was not there. It's still a nicely priced buffet.

Amari hotel Mantra restaurant on Sunday Brunch will have it and you will spend a small fortune close to 3500 baht. Best food for sure but a little too pricey to justify. Looking forward to one locally that is affordable.

Lastly, the First Sunday of every month the Central World Bangkok has Phuket lobsters, Alaskan Crab legs but that will set you back north of 4000 baht. Best deal I found are the International buffets in Bankok using Eatigo.

A very limited item in Southeast Asia< from time to time you may find it in some of the 5 Star hotels.

You can get any food you want with in reason in Thailand.

if you want to pay the money, same as the rest of the world

i do believe there are many cargo flights around the word delivering fresh food all round the planet. wai2.gif

In Pattaya, my first Visit to Siam @Siam was only 555 baht last year and I was in disbelief and was so happy to eat beautiful Alaskan Crab legs. This year the now run the buffet Daily from 6 pm, and it's another 120 baht more expensive. Unfortunately the crab is seldom served as I have been back twice since and it was not there. It's still a nicely priced buffet.

Amari hotel Mantra restaurant on Sunday Brunch will have it and you will spend a small fortune close to 3500 baht. Best food for sure but a little too pricey to justify. Looking forward to one locally that is affordable.

Siam@siam used to have a lot of very good things when it first started. Scallops, crab, lobster (not just "rock" lobster). That all disappeared never to return a few weeks/months after launch. Not surprising really at the price. It's still good value though (especially if you take the free-flow wine too), and the lamb is nice.

Mantra should be a bit over 2000B on Sunday (food only).

I went to Siam@Siam yesterday and found no lobster or King Crab. But still satisfied as the rest of the food was tasty and well prepared. 800baht-somthing (plus 7% VAT) for food and free flow of wine is a good value i have to say. Visited their beautiful rooftop lounge/bar and had 4 VERY good and large cocktails before leaving.

The blue swimmer crabs in Thailand are the most common type of crab sold in restaurants and markets.

Buy these and just pretend they squeak with an Aussie accent...

Blue crabs are in most oceans around the world. While I agree they taste ok, there are many others that taste much better and are a highly prized delicacy.

i have been to the royal cliff last weekend .

We was 2 and we had also a bottle of wine.

Actually the price of the buffet was 1200 thb + 10% service charge +7% vat

was that correct?

That price sounds right to me.

Did they have the Alaskan crab?