British expat found dead at Kamala home

rooster59

British expat found dead at Kamala home

post-137452-0-99641100-1452904001_thumb.

Police found no signs of a struggle or that the home had been ransacked. Photo: Kamala Police

PHUKET: A British expat was found dead in front of his home in Kamala this morning.

A neighbor discovered Thomas Robert Putnam, 52, hanging by his neck from a beam in his front yard.

“We received a call from Mr Putnam’s landlord, Jarin Sattaman, whose father found him hanging in front of the house,” confirmed Lt Navin Petchjan of the Kamala Police.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/British-expat-found-dead-Kamala-home/62884?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-16

Surely tomorrow is a brighter day, if they would just sail through the storm.

BS, he made his choice and we can at least respect that.

The world is coming more and more difficult to put up with. I see no shame taking ones own life.

RIP

not particularly old to be hanging himself the only thing I can think of his girlfriend left him he couldn't get over it maybe that or he was running short of cash.

The motives you suggest are not uncommon here, however, maybe he was suffering from a terminal illness, and decided to end his life before going through a slow and painful death.

Medial euthanasia is something many countries are now debating to legalize, so sufferers can have a painless and dignified passing.

RIP.

Most of us have no conception of what this type of person goes through and I have been very close to a person who committed suicide in the UK. A broken heart, fear of the world, total confusion brought on by an accident (as in my friends case)...the list goes on. At 52 years old there is still much one can do but Thomas Robert Putnam chose a sad route to see and do none of it. R.I.P. my fellow countryman. Perhaps a time for us all to reflect on what we have lost but to cherish what we still have.

A sad situation that he had no-one to turn too, my condolences to his relatives, if any. Suicide always effects the people around you, and it never goes away, please, never be afraid or embarrassed to hold out a hand for help....

R.I.P. Fellow Countryman.sad.png

This guy was found hanging OUTSIDE his house????? Why does everybody naturally assume this was a suicide? There are plenty other places to off oneself.Why outside.Couldn't this have been a warning to others?No one knows,at present what this guy was into.A hanging on display is not the usual way to do it.

DDK

not particularly old to be hanging himself the only thing I can think of his girlfriend left him he couldn't get over it maybe that or he was running short of cash.

I understand the report is inaccurate in that he was closer to 65. I am also told he had overstayed by more than 9 months and had financial difficulties.

I agree with the other poster that hanging outside is odd. I also think there may be more to this but, as usual, the BiB will not investigate.

This guy was found hanging OUTSIDE his house????? Why does everybody naturally assume this was a suicide? There are plenty other places to off oneself.Why outside.Couldn't this have been a warning to others?No one knows,at present what this guy was into.A hanging on display is not the usual way to do it.

DDK

It possibly is if you have exposed overhead steel work outside your home and not inside.

Either way it's another needless death here.

DDK

It possibly is if you have exposed overhead steel work outside your home and not inside.

Either way it's another needless death here.

Exactly. A Frenchman went out the same way almost exactly a year ago.

http://www.samuitimes.com/french-man-found-hanged-koh-tao-hands-tied-behind-back-foul-play-suspected/

Surely tomorrow is a brighter day, if they would just sail through the storm.

BS, he made his choice and we can at least respect that.

The world is coming more and more difficult to put up with. I see no shame taking ones own life.

RIP

I don't agree. Difficulties aside, (we all have them), it pains the parents, friends and children.

My best friend shot himself and his mom and dad flew in. They never recovered....he was 38...just a quarrel with his wife.

I never respected him for doing that...nor saw the sense in it.

A very great man once said:

"They tell us that suicide is the greatest act of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person."

Edited by Lex Talionis

"They tell us that suicide is the greatest act of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person."

I do understand this and think life is the most important attribute that the universe has given; but then some people do get so utterly depressed that they are unable to balance values for anything and they see no future for themselves at all. As I posted earlier, a friend of mine committed suicide but he was victim of an accident in a dockyard and a piece of timber pierced his left lung. He recovered an was able to return to work but it was already apparent that his mind just wasn't the same. He had many consultations with doctors as they tried to determined why he had changed, to no avail. One day I was walking back from the local shops and I saw someone standing on the top of a high rise block of flats no too far away and thought it was work going on. I then saw the person simply go to the edge and step off. By the time I got to the scene an ambulance was just arriving. It was my friend and he had already been identified by others. As I have posted before, I have no comprehension about the state of his mind.

I do understand this and think life is the most important attribute that the universe has given; but then some people do get so utterly depressed that they are unable to balance values for anything and they see no future for themselves at all. As I posted earlier, a friend of mine committed suicide but he was victim of an accident in a dockyard and a piece of timber pierced his left lung. He recovered an was able to return to work but it was already apparent that his mind just wasn't the same. He had many consultations with doctors as they tried to determined why he had changed, to no avail. One day I was walking back from the local shops and I saw someone standing on the top of a high rise block of flats no too far away and thought it was work going on. I then saw the person simply go to the edge and step off. By the time I got to the scene an ambulance was just arriving. It was my friend and he had already been identified by others. As I have posted before, I have no comprehension about the state of his mind.

~

I have to admit your friends case sounds like a strange one. From what I gather there was no head injury in the original accident and yet the purely physical trauma somehow unbalanced him. Human life is incredibly precarious and sometimes a major accident or illness makes us suddenly aware of just how vulnerable we are. This can be hugely unsettling particularly to a person who fixates on things. I don't know if this was your friends case of course.

But to my mind this life is just one in a series and sometimes it is better to just move along to the next one. Just like all things suicide can be bad or good depending on the circumstances. But it is only tragic if you believe that this life is the only one.

Edited by Lex Talionis