Their majesties send letter of condolence to Indonesian president

rooster59

Their majesties send letter of condolence to Indonesian president

12487135_979416472129359_572118259760821

BANGKOK: Their Majesties the King and Queen on Friday sent a message to Indonesian president expressing their sorrow for the deaths and injuries caused by terrorist attacks in Jakarta on Thursday.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha, meanwhile, said that Thailand didn’t want to get involved in any conflicts which might expose the country to terrorist attacks.

Nevertheless, he said that the country would be more vigilant to prevent terrorist attacks otherwise its economy would be badly affected.

Spokesman of the National Police Office Pol Gen Detnarong Suthicharnbancha said there was no need now to step up security after the attacks in Jakarta as security measures which were imposed since the New Year were already tightened enough.

However, he said the immigration checks at international airports had been tightened up and cooperation was sought with all airlines to check the backgrounds of some of the suspected passengers.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Seth Wannamethi said the Thai embassy in Jakarta had not warned Thais living in Indonesia to stay away from Jakarta. The bombing incident on Thursday was not considered as a threat to Asean, he added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/their-majesties-send-letter-of-condolence-to-indonesian-president

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-16

Does Thailand also receive condolences letters from the Indonesian Government every time soldiers die in the South of Thailand by road bombs caused my Muslim separatists?

Doing the right thing is a specific act not dependent upon what others do. Mass attacks are dealt with differently than ongoing conflicts. As an illustration, Indonesia has had a long running insurrection on Sulawesi which has resulted in the loss of civilians and government personnel. The government has a diplomatic position and does not offer individual event specific statements.

To make this very clear, it is appropriate that the head of state speak on behalf of a nation, particularly when Indonesia and Thailand are regional neighbors. The Crown was speaking in its capacity as the Crown.

Why would they write in English and Thai ?

Surely if there is a translation it would be better and more appropriate in Bahasa Indonesia, their own language and Thai and not in English ?

The document provided for media release, is a diplomatic document. Thai is the language of Thailand. English is the common language of communication for general release documents. It is not unusual to have the information in English. Be assured that direct communications delivered in person by the Embassy in Jakarta was in the Indonesian language.

For the record, The PM and FM also delivered statements in Thai and English. This is normal. It mirrors what other countries have done. The exception is that Thailand took extra care because of the regional proximity.

Message of Condolences from Prime Minister to the President of Indonesia

Excellency,

I was deeply saddened to learn of the series of explosions and gun-fires on 14 January 2016 in Jakarta, which resulted in the loss of four lives and several injuries.

On behalf of the Royal Thai Government and the Thai people, I wish to extend my heartfelt sympathy and condolences to you and through you to the families of those who have lost their loved ones in this tragic incident. Thailand joins Indonesia and the international community in strongly condemning this heinous act. I wish to assure you that the Royal Thai Government stands ready to support, in any possible way, to Indonesia in this difficult time.

Accept, Excellency, the renewed assurances of my highest consideration.

General Prayut Chan-o-cha (Ret.)

Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand

Message of Condolences from the Minister of Foreign Affairs to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia

Excellency,

I have learned with profound sadness about the tragic bomb explosions and gun fires on 14 January 2016 in Jakarta, causing several loss of innocent lives and many injuries.

On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, I wish to extend my deepest condolences and sincere sympathy to you, and through you, to the families of the deceased and to the victims in this vicious act of violence. Thailand joins Indonesia and the international community in condemning this act of violence and its perpetrators.

Accept, Excellency, the renewed assurances of my highest consideration.

Don Pramudwinai

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand

Why anyone would question what is done, is rather odd.

Edited by geriatrickid