American dies in fall from 17th floor of Phuket hotel

rooster59

When I worked in Singapore a few years back - locals spoke of the danger of "jumpers" there. The buildings are much closer together than Pattaya / Phuket etc., and have lots of walkways between them, rather than open car parks.The danger being that some one might land on top of you.....from a great height.

Double deaths. It is best to walk well clear of high rise buildings. I also remember idiot youths in my home country Scotland would throw Television sets from high rises to "see if it made a big bang".... mental.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/average-of-400-suicides/2055216.html

More than bodies, we are dealing with what has been dubbed "Killer Litter". HDB (high rise government housing) dwellers are throwing an alarming and disgusting number of things out the window to the pavement below. TV's, furniture, sanitary napkins, LIVE (not after they land) cats. You get the picture. The NEA (National Environment Agency) has gone so far as to install CCTV to catch people in the act.

Here's hoping that humans aren't going to be classified similarly here......

RIP to the poor fellow. Whether it was his choice or not, seems like a horrible way to go.

You're Welcome!! smile.png

Edited by Mr Money Bags

RIP fellow American.

I want to go on the record right now, there is no way I want to kill myself.

EVER. NO WAY. IMPOSSIBLE.

So if this happen to me, I want a full TV detective squad investigation. smile.png

Edited by NCC1701A

The problem I see is this one: why anybody should travels so far to the orient to jump to his death? A surprise news for their own family? Spending last money they have? Making media news at last to get to be known?

Travel so far on an airplane is not fun at all. I guess he wasn't traveling on a business class.

maybe a big party before the deed. or depression. impossible to know without knowing him.

maybe he had enough of Obama and could not see going back.

i would leave a note and send a email to friend? family? or someone.

so no questions.

RIP fellow American.