Live In Home Help/maid How Much Is The Usual Monthly Salary

louise

could anyone advise me on how much it is to employ a live in helper ,this is all new for me ,but i need help ,baby due in dec and im a going to be a single parent . I v heard starting from 4000 to 6000 baht but im not sure and im looking for help from nov time. hope some one can help

thanks louise

Full time maid I paid 7,000 a month. That was for 60 hours a week or 6x10 hour days. That was her choice not mine.

A live in Maid should be about 8 - 11 k a month, depending on how much you want her to work outside rgular hours cook, lifting etc etc.

I have sister in law who worked taking care of Thai babies birth to 2 years between jobs now, taking care of nephew. She regularly got paid B10,000 per month plus room and board, was not worried about the number of days or hours and became like the babies mother while mother went to work.

I suppose it depends on where you are. If you did post I didn't see it sorry. We live in Bangkok and our home help comes in M-F, 6.30 to 3ish and we pay her 9k. OTT? We think so, but the pressure is on us because we are Farang and therefore have money to burn. :o

Hi Louise, good luck when the baby is born.

I have been with my (thai) wife for 4.5 years, married for 2.5, have a 3 month old daughter. She ran away & left me with the baby 2 days ago. F*@k

gonna b needing some help myself soon :o

hi jaidee 1 thanks for the good luck wishes and i hope things get better for you ,iv found a good support group in bangkok they have been very helpful called www.bambi-bangkok.org and they also have a single parents group which meets up from time to time, i havent been yet but plan to hopefully soon. anyway understand a bit what your going through . louise

We pay ours 6000 per month with 2 days off. She works all hours, nothing set and does everything, even cuts the grass.

She has been with us 3 years. Call the adverts in the Bkk Post and see what they have, but go with your instincts and if you dont like who they bring around, get a new one, they have no problem with this.

Also if you need someone who speaks english, it may cost a little more, but not so much. Just do not be hooked into the 'I am a farng so rip me off if you like' mode. You can and should get a maid/nanny for the same price as any Thai would pay and dont let this big secret out, but many actually prefer to work for a farang family than a thai, simply because they are treated better. Thais treat them on the class system and it goes from very ordinary to downright disgusting.

So remember this and use it to your advantage, but communication may be the problem, whereas ours did not speak any english (does now) but my wife dealt with it all, if you do not speak Thai you will need an english speaker.

If you use one of the agencies, here is another clue. Make sure you are explicit in telling them exactly what you want, what they can do, the type of person etc. The agencies operate on a fee and you get somewhing like 3 or 4 intros to staff. By this I mean that they will bring staff around and when you choose one, you will still be able to use their service for another 3 or 4 times if the first one you choose does not work out.

So, by being very specific in what you want, you can use the arguement that because you did not bring me exactly what I told you I wanted the first 3 or 4 times, you should still supply me with someone, if you had brought me exactly what I wanted and I then did not like them, fair enough, my problem, but this is your problem now so keep bringing them.

It just covers you in case, we did not need it, this nanny we have was the second supplied, the first was a cranky bitch.

I agree with the above post - don't get roped into paying more just because you are farang. Some farangs pay huge amounts to their maids ... well in excess of 10,000 baht a month. While it may not seem like much to a lot of expats who earn big bucks, I think it would help if things were looked at compared to other Thai salaries. When my b/f first started working at a travel agent after completing a diploma in Hotel and Tourism managment at an International college where all classes were taught in English, he earned 8000 baht a month - exactly what we were paying our uneducated maid .... except that she was even better off then he was as she had free accomodation and free food and my b/f had to travel across town every day and pay for food (not to mention the 1000's of baht that were spent on his uni costs!).

Currently, I have a part time maid (3 days a week) who I pay 5000 baht a month, live out. Prior to this maid, I had a live in maid for 7,500 b/m. I wouldn't reccomend paying higher than 7-8,000 baht to start with. If they turn out to be fantastic, you can always increase their salary after a while.

4-9K tend to be the average wage. The problem with anything below 7K is that they will always be looking for another job and if they are a nanny also you might be in trouble when they leave without notice on a worknight. 7ish seems to be a high enough salary to keep someone if they are good. If they speak English look at 9K..

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Louise, good luck when the baby is born.

I have been with my (thai) wife for 4.5 years, married for 2.5, have a 3 month old daughter. She ran away & left me with the baby 2 days ago. F*@kgonna b needing some help myself soon :D

:o:D:D Holy Moly.....!

Good luck to you and wish you strenght.

LaoPo

In general Thai's pay their maids 4,000 /mo. This is for a live in. However, they are allowed to go home and visit the family for extended periods of time.

For a maid that speaks english takes care of two kids, goes to the grocery, cooks and cleans, I have known them to make 8,000 /mo.

Some people think they are worth more, and may want 12,000 and above, after working for expats on expat packages. Considering how much medical Dr's working for the govt make in this country, I think that is too much for a maid.

Bambi is a good place to look or have a friend who has a maid that she likes, as her friends for you. Check references.

I pay my wonderful English speaking Burmese nanny 11000 a month for live in. She gets 100 baht an hour overtime if she works past 7. I initially thought that was daylight robbery but I would happily pay more rather than lose her. I would say have a trial month at a lower salary and then pay her according to her skills. My nanny is always in a good mood, teaches my kids loads of new words, reads to them, sings to them, makes them laugh - and still manages to clean the house, do the ironing and make dinner. I previously had a Thai nanny who spoke no English, stomped around the house in a bad mood, put the kids in front of the tv all day, consumed incredible amounts of food and we were paying her 9 - now that was robbery. Go for recommedations on the Bambi website - it worked for us.

• 4 months later...
In general Thai's pay their maids 4,000 /mo. This is for a live in. However, they are allowed to go home and visit the family for extended periods of time.

For a maid that speaks english takes care of two kids, goes to the grocery, cooks and cleans, I have known them to make 8,000 /mo.

Some people think they are worth more, and may want 12,000 and above, after working for expats on expat packages. Considering how much medical Dr's working for the govt make in this country, I think that is too much for a maid.

Bambi is a good place to look or have a friend who has a maid that she likes, as her friends for you. Check references.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a maid right now, I have said that I am ready to pay 7000 for live in doing all the cleaning work, Laundry, Ironing, cooking. Finding it very difficult to find one. I am living in Bang Na.

i did looked in to Bambi and there the maids expect defintely 12000 +.

Can someone recommend.?

Thanks

Lbose.

(0814038141)