Celine Dion's brother dies just days after her husband

rooster59

Celine Dion's brother dies just days after her husband

MONTREAL (AP) — Daniel Dion, the older brother of pop singer Celine Dion, died Saturday, just two days after the death of the entertainer's husband, Rene Angelil.

Celine Dion's representative Kim Jakwerth released a statement that Daniel Dion, 59, died Saturday surrounded by his family after battling cancer for several years. The statement said he died at a palliative care center in Terrebonne, Quebec, outside Montreal.

The family is "remembering a gentle and reserved man of many talents," the statement said.

The announcement follows the death on Thursday of the 73-year-old Angelil in suburban Las Vegas after a long ballet with throat cancer. Angelil was Celine Dion's manager for decades, molding her from a French-speaking Canadian ingénue into one of the world's most successful singers, best known for the smash hit "My Heart Will Go On," the theme from "Titanic."

Daniel Dion, the father of two daughters, was the eighth of 14 Dion children. The Dion siblings, including Celine, performed at their parents' small piano bar called Le Vieux Baril ("The Old Barrel") in the town of Charlemagne, Quebec.

Viewing will take place next Saturday, a day after Angelil's funeral is set to take place at Montreal's Notre Dame Basilica, the same church where he married the singer in 1994.

Daniel Dion's religious funeral will be held several days later at a church in the family's hometown of Charlemagne.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-01-17

There are a lot of arbitrary people here, which is ok if something is humourous but this is not.

No matter what you think of her personally you should respect the grief that any one soul would feel at such loss.

I imagine that many of you are the same ones who want to see all of your fellow expats kicked out of Thailand.

Nothing is staunch anymore.

The grief must be unbearable….poor thing!

It will soon be our turn to grieve when she decides to write a song about it.

Not to be mean, but she doesn't write her own lyrics or music. She isn't well educated and based upon her interviews is not particularly intelligent.

She just sings whatever they give her to sing.

The grief must be unbearable….poor thing!

It will soon be our turn to grieve when she decides to write a song about it.

Not to be mean, but she doesn't write her own lyrics or music. She isn't well educated and based upon her interviews is not particularly intelligent.

She just sings whatever they give her to sing.

I don't know that when someone coming from a family of 14 had all the opportunities for intellectual stimulation that some kids do, but I am guessing her pain isn't any less.

At any rate, she has one lovely voice and I hope she is back to performing in the near future.

Agreed that she deserves no more sympathy for being a 'celebrity' but I suggest no less.

The fact that you dismiss her tragedy out of hand says a lot about you.

I agree.

Kinda heartless....... ????

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post