British journalist Mark Fenn has died in Chiang Mai

kandi

From http://www.farang-deaths.com/case/mark-fenn/:

Mark Fenn , a British journalist, has unexpectedly passed away in his sleep at his home in Chiang Mai (เชียงใหม่) early Sunday morning, the Foreign Correspondent Club of Thailand reported.

The 38-year-old long-time resident was a well-known journalist covering Thailand for several popular news media such as South China Morning Post, Bangkok Post and The Straits Times. He also occasionally contributed to Al Jazeera and The Guardian in London.
Before concentrating on his journalism career, Mr Fenn had lived in Singapore and tought English at the Pannesastra University in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, after which he relocated to Bangkok. In 2014, Mr Fenn moved from the Thai capital to Chiang Mai to work for the local English online magazine Chiang Mai CityNews until 2015.
Details about his passing have not yet been determined. A funeral service is being held at Wat Pa Peng (ฌาปนกิจสถานวัดป่าแพ่ง), Chiang Mai until January 19. Tuesday ceremony begins at 19:30 and his cremation will take place on Wednesday at noon.

I had the chance to meet him once. Really nce guy, and I liked his work. Probably some more in Chiang Mai knew him.

Why plan to cremate him before the reason for his death at only 38 is established?

Perhaps it would be better stated as ..... you and I do not know the reason for his untimely death, but that is not to say that others or the authorities do not the cause.... While many would like to know the circumstances, perhaps the family or others wish to keep it personal. Whatever ...... RIP young man Gone way before the expected expiry date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why plan to cremate him before the reason for his death at only 38 is established?

Better yet, why would anyone owe you that explanation?

I don't think davehowden believes he is owed an explanation, I think his comment was rhetorical.

Mark Fenn was also an investigative journalist and it seems unusual that he died in his sleep at 38. If I died in my sleep as a journalist in Thailand I would want people to ask detailed questions about the circumstances and what I was working on in private.

Gonzo the Face's suggestion that the family may want to keep it private may be true, but it is worth remaining diligent. Who know's what Mark might have been researching.